“Great venue for local plays!”

Fredericksburg Theater Company
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Besides excellent restaurants, shopping, and wineries, Fredericksburg is also home to the finest live theater in the Texas Hill Country. Now in their 21st season, this much-acclaimed and award-winning theater is known for their block-busting Broadway musicals, side-busting comedies, and thrilling dramas. FTC is in production over 300 days a year, presenting 7 main stage productions as well as a full slate of Special Events; with renowned guest artists, musicians, and comedy acts performing to packed houses. With over 60% of their audience from outside of Gillespie County, the Fredericksburg Theater Company is the destination for live entertainment in Fredericksburg.
Reviewed 5 July 2017

My girlfriend and I just enjoyed Guys and Dolls this weekend. We go to local and professional plays back home and decided to try one in Fredericksburg on our girl's weekend. This was performed so well! Neither of us researched the play and knew what it was about. The actors were so well rehearsed! We didn't detect any mistakes. The singing was fantastic! The set and lighting was also great. The theater itself was very comfortable. The chairs were great and the temperature of the theater was perfect (normally theaters are very cold). I cant say enough about this place!. We would definitely choose another play if we are in the area!

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

As a local I have been involved with the Fredericksburg Theater Company since 2008. I have both performed on stage and worked production of the plays. You may think I'm biased but I have worked with other theater groups in Southern California. I will say that the productions in Fredericksburg never cease to amaze me. The acting, singing, stage sets and costumes are all truly outstanding. Nothing is left to chance when preparing for the plays. The current run of "Hello Dolly" is a stunning production with all the shows sold out. This is a testament to the quality of the shows produced at the "Steve Shepard Theater" in Fredericksburg. When planning to visit "the Burg" check ahead for the scheduled performances and plan on getting tickets. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

My wife and I traveled from Amarillo, TX for a weekend get-away. We selected Fredericksburg in part for the opportunity to attend a live production of a Christmas-related show. We were not disappointed in any way. The team gave us an excellent performance in a comfortable setting. Hats off to everyone!

Reviewed 21 August 2016

Our first time to attend a show at this facility. We arrived about 45 minutes early. The building was open. We were greeted immediately. There were lots of helpful people. We looked as some paintings on display in the lobby. There was complimentary coffee available. Water and sodas available. The theater itself opened half an hour before the performance started. We were shown to our seats. The chairs in the theater were very comfortable. The performance was very good. The people in the audience were also nice and friendly. There was an intermission and then the remainder of the performance. Cookies, some salty snacks, and wine were available. The flow of the crowd was easy in this facility. Halls and isles were wide enough to handle the capacity crowd. The acoustics in the building were excellent. The sound system and the operation of it were also excellent. This specific performance had an orchestra which was excellent. The singers were all very good and two were outstanding.

1  Thank OWL78654
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Every performance that we've attended at Fredericksburg Theater Company has been better than the last; and this was no exception. The pre-theater nibbles and wine (for donations only) as well as the intermission desserts (for donations only) were a pleasant surprise. We are excited about the theater's upcoming offerings for this season too.