“Great Italian food”
Review of Bella Sera

Bella Sera
Ranked #54 of 145 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I must admit driving up to the place, I was a little skeptical about what was waiting inside. It looks as if the restaurant is a throw back from the 60's maybe earlier. The insides were clean and oddly decorated but who cares if the food is good? Which believe me it was. The sauce seemed to be made from scratch, great flavor and the Pasta Fagioli was very favorful and had a mixture of savory and sweetness to it. The bread was wonderful and fresh, i WAS only going to have a 1/2 piece but it really was too good to stop at the half way point. I had a shrimp salad as my main entree and my daughter had the eggplant parmesan. The shrimp were jumbo, fresh and grilled to perfection, not overly dry. I took a large bite of my daughter's dish and that's why I know the sauce is good too, The spices did not take over the flavor. I know when you come to Fredricksburg German food should be a staple food but they have little vegetarian choices so we opted for italian. Two of the local store employees said this was their favorite choice and I am so glad we asked but even better was the wonderful, tasty experience! And by the way, the service we received from the owners wife was excellent and the owner was a super nice man!

1  Thank Laura P

Reviewed 21 March 2018

The staff was great along with the excellent food at a reasonable price. The best Italian food that I've found in years. If you want real Italian food at a good price, then this is the place you want to eat at.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

This little jewel of a Italian restaurant is outstanding. It was Spring Break and they were so busy, but they did a fantastic job getting everyone served. And the food was superb!! Great job!! It is about 3-4 miles south of downtown, but WELL worth the short drive. Their meat sauce and marinara sauce is so good.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We enjoyed dinner at Bella Sera while relaxing in Fredericksburg. The food was very delicious. The service was great. We would definitely return.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

A very complete menu selection! The staff was very personable and provided great service. I think they would prepare a custom dish for you if you cannot find it in the extensive menu. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience without the tourist crowds or wait time. We will be back and make this one of our favorites to eat out.