“Weekend Getaway to the Hill Country”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
A M S
Houston, Texas
“Weekend Getaway to the Hill Country”
Reviewed 28 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

My husband and I recently visited Fredericksburg for the weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Opa's Barn. I especially enjoyed all of the history that this place had to offer. The bed and breakfast was cozy, however, comfortable. The host left home made sweets, and the mini frig was stocked with cold water, juice, and soda. There was also a bowl of fresh fruit. The barn hosts several beautiful views. We enjoyed watching the sunset from the back porch balcony. The restroom has a footed tub which includes a shower. This may seem a little small for some people compared to modern-day tubs, but the tub does include a shower. Also, an antique table in the restroom serves well as a vanity.
The b&b is off a state highway, and there is some traffic noise. But for the most part, it is a quiet setting.
We have visited Fredericksburg in the past. If you are into history and walking, I recommend the historical walking tour. Brochures were available at the Gesthaus Schmidt on Main Street. We also visited the Wildseed Farm outside of town as well as the Fredericksburg Trade Day event. We had dinner at Andy's one evening. If you like good home cooked food, you will love Andy's.
Overall, this as a very enjoyable weekend and we especially liked staying at Opa's Barn.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
TX

A romantic getaway Older travelers
TX
Reviewed 14 June 2012 for a stay in December 2009

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing