River Road Ranch Resort
Best Western Plus Fredericksburg(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$140
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
US$160
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fredericksburg(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
US$125
Hotels.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fredericksburg(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
US$145
Inn on Barons Creek(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
US$129
Fredericksburg Inn & Suites(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$128
Orbitz.com
Peach Tree Inn & Suites(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
US$79
Barons CreekSide(Fredericksburg)
US$189
Sunset Inn & Suites(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
US$56
Hoffman Haus(Fredericksburg)
US$173
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 March 2015 via mobile

Just returned from our stay in the Silo with husband and my 2 girls (10 & 13). The location is 10 mins outside of Fredricksburg & 30 mins from Enchanted Rock! The silo is rustic with lots of knick knacks & old country decor but clean and comfortable. We saw Natalie, one of the owners briefly. We arrived a little earlier than the 3pm check in & she was just finishing her cleaning of the silo. She was nice but not overly friendly and told us where the river area was. (It's actually across the street.) The owners are a little less hands on than most B&B's but they seem to have everything efficiently planned out. For ex: breakfast for next morning already in fridge. S'mores supplies on counter. Firewood & lighter for bbq out & ready. If you're the type of guest that has a million questions or needs lots of attention, this is not the place for you! But back to our stay....favorite thing about this place was by far the animals! Many to pet and enjoy up close (cats, dogs, donkeys, goats) and some that we admired from afar (Longhorns, llamas, chickens, turkeys, sheep). While my kids are not babies and are capable of being quiet & low key, we loved that they were able to run around! It's a little tricky to determine what is/is not allowed here. There's a list of posted rules in the cabin (don't smoke inside, don't let animals inside cabin, wash your dishes) but nothing pertaining to the outside area. We quickly determined that if they don't want you in a particular area-there's "private" signs posted. Otherwise you're free to roam! We used the canoes & Kayaks twice. The river has no current and is small and I felt comfortable with my kids paddling around solo. I would just sit in one of the chairs on the rivers bank. There's a good collection of adult sized bikes. Most of which have seen better days (flat tires, bad brakes) but we found two that seemed adequate enough to get them to the river & back! My youngest is 10 and rather tall (5ft 1in) and she was at the edge of feeling comfortable riding the bikes. I only mention in the event you travel with kids of your own. I always do my homework and read past reviews on places we stay. So just to update a few things: during our stay, there were no quad bikes, four wheelers or golf cart available for riding around the grounds. So not an ideal place if you have physical limitations. Also, previous reviewers had mentioned "ranch hands" that would be around in the evening to start fires. Again, not the case during our stay. So we weren't sure if the owners would start fires or how it worked. When we returned from dinner @ dusk, there was firewood, lighters and fire starter blocks laid out by each communal Fire pit. Regarding the silo, definitely the most unique places we've stayed. I loved that there was a half bath on the bottom floor! The metal spiral staircase would have been a deal breaker if my kids were toddlers. Main bedroom upstairs was comfortable and mattress middle of the road (not overly hard/soft). Pillows very firm! Pull out couch downstairs was sufficient for kids but not adequate for most adults. Bedding for pull out was available but bring your own blanket! The fleece type blanket they had was small and seriously sandpaper gross! I felt terrible that one of my kids had to use it! So to sum it all up-would definitely recommend this place to all, but especially if you have kids! Bring your own blanket & pillows if you're staying in the silo & are traveling with more than 2 ppl! It's expensive for what you get but you're paying for the uniqueness.

Stayed: March 2015
1  Thank Courtland2009
Reviewed 20 March 2015

Just go somewhere else, this place actually detracted from our vacation. The sleeping accommodations are so bad, even my kids complained. The owner made my kids feel unwelcome and clearly does not want people looking at the animals, exploring the ranch, which is not how this place is advertised. The bedding and towels are limited and old. No daily cleaning. No soap. They even charge you if you leave dirty dishes--um, who is the customer?

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2015 via mobile

We stayed in "Minna's House." We were told that it is the original homestead built in 1890's.
Natalie is who we had contact with. She was very friendly.
The homestead has been refurbished. It's very unique and our first impression was delight. It's a quiet escape.
We did have problems getting the jacuzzi tub to work and there was no hot water. We wish that had been step by step directions for the tub. There are just a bunch of unlabeled buttons. You're left guessing and hoping a button does something.
Neither of us were even able to shower due to no warm water. By the time we figured this out it was pretty late and we didn't feel comfortable calling. We left early morning. So there was no point calling then either.
There was a draft that we felt all night and had a hard time getting the place warm. We didn't get upset about that because it's to be expected due to age of house.
All in all, very nostalgic. We might try a different option at this location if we come back. There are just so many great options in Fredricksburg.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is the most unique place my husband and I have ever stayed. It is less than 10 minutes from downtown Fredericksburg. It's supposedly a working ranch, designed to look like an old west town. There's a "General Store" (just a façade storage building I think), "Feed Mill," "Bunk House," "The Silo," and "Minna's House." We stayed in the Silo, which used to be a peanut silo. It's been renovated with wood paneling, living area, kitchen area, bedroom, and 1.5 baths, with interesting pictures and decorations. There was a license for prostitution signed by Wyatt Earp. Haha! Instead of doors to the bathrooms, there are thick curtains, so you have to be pretty close to the person you're staying with! English muffins, cereal, milk, orange juice, and s'mores ingredients were provided. Wi-Fi was available.

My husband visited all the animals, but didn't get to see the miniature donkeys since they roam. The dog Boots greeted us in the morning and evening. There are bikes and canoes.

This is much more private than a B&B and more personal than a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eljefe20
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This location is too far outside of town and not worth the amount of money they are asking. There are SO many other places in Fredericksburg that are just as cute but a lot less money. Plus if you want to get anywhere and not drive- good luck finding a cab. Just really inconvenient and not worth what the cute style of it. I will definitely go back to Fredericksburg, but stay somewhere else. Plus we experienced extremely rude service from the owners when dealing with a billing issue. Very unprofessional. My experience could've been a lot better if we didn't stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends