“Food served its purpose by rendering me no longer hungry ”
Review of The Auslander

The Auslander
Ranked #34 of 133 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: American, German, Steakhouse, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We ate here for two reasons: they were the only German restaurant open that was pet friendly. My husband’s sausage was decent, but everything else was like a store-bought experience, having the taste of frozen / canned food. It still tasted alright, but there was no freshness. I ate what I could and was then no longer hungry.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (2,073)

Reviewed 5 April 2021

Always good here. Good beer, good sandwiches, good German food. We love Fredericksburg, and always come here at least once.

Reviewed 3 April 2021

Fun restaurant, good German food like Jaeger Schnitzel, red cabbage, Rueben sandwich and more. Excellent German beer, good service despite being busy.

Reviewed 1 April 2021

While the menu listed several German dishes, I am not sure how authentic they are. I have dined at several German restaurants in the past but this was my least favorite. You have also want to avoid the patio. I do not mind people who want to bring their pets, but when you are surrounded but several barking dogs this does not lead to a pleasant meal.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 31 March 2021

The Ausländer has great selection of authentic German food. Very good and good atmosphere. Definitely recommend.

Date of visit: March 2021