“Rice and noodles”

Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2016

When my wife and I were suffering the effects of food poisoning, and could only eat bland things such as rice and noodles, Hu-Dat came through for us. BTW, the shellfish poisoning was from the Fulton Oyster House, not Hu-Dat.

1  Thank Barrett A

Reviewed 10 February 2016

Really, in this day and age, it is surprising to find the word, "Oriental" used to describe food mainly because the word is offensive. I thought the Asian owner, or at least I thought they were Asian, would have known better. You would never find any other Asian restaurants that use oriental to describe themselves or the food. Oh wait, there's another restaurant, "Golden Gate Restaurant" in Fulton, TX that use the word.

This restaurant is not in deep south, is it? Texas is more diverse and enlightened than that.

I did bring this issue with the owner at least 3 times on my 2 occasions that I went there. The owner refused to budge. Did she want me to raise an online petition campaign to bring the whole world to focus on her?

The service is friendly. The food is good. The portion is decent. If you have craving for pho, Vietnamese or Asian food, this is the best place in town.

1  Thank goodarticles
Reviewed 9 February 2016

This was not a "buffet"; ordered off a menu. We enjoyed our dinner and the wait staff was very good. The spring rolls are large and very good (should have only gotten 2 instead of 5). The price was very reasonable for the quality of food.

Reviewed 2 February 2016

Came here with my "Lunch Bunch" only because I had missed last week's outing. All the women who ordered the bun dishes were pleased. I had intended to, but was not very hungry, I know from experience not to order off the Chinese menu, but I ordered 2 appetizers that I thought it was inconceivable they could ruin. To start off with, both were over-cooked and brown instead if golden. The shell on the fried wonton was extremely thick and tasteless, The same can be said for the crab ragoon, although the filling was not too bad. The dipping sauce was the only good part of the meal. While at the cash register, I told the young man working how bad the food was. For everything I said, he nodded and said "ok". Not a pleasant experience at all - I gave it 2 stars only because the Vietnamese food is good. They should remove the Chinese dishes from the menu.

Reviewed 20 January 2016

The staff was very friendly and made great food suggestions. The dishes I have tried were all very fresh and delicious. Highly recommend you try them out while in the Rockport area.