“Horrible food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

When you look on trip advisor concerning this restaurant it is cheap eats section on here. The food was a member bowl it was soggy the burger didn't even smelled like it was good I would not recommend this place for eating but their shakes and her ice cream sit sent sodas we're good

There are newer reviews for Star Drug Store

Reviewed 12 August 2017

I found this place by accident when I went in to get a bottle of water thinking it was an actual drug store. I was happily surprised to find this 50's throwback looking diner/cafe instead (as well as a bottle of water!). It had so much character that I decided to eat lunch there. I felt like a teenager sitting at the U-shaped counter while checking out the eclectic decor as this place has an interesting story behind it (read the back of the menu for details). The service was good and the food was tasty enough that I even went back again the next day for lunch to try something else which was even better than my first visit. (I recommend the bacon avocado & turkey on croissant with a side of potato salad; was delicious!). As an added bonus, they were celebrating their centennial so they had fun little promos going on each week for that month (ie. free piece of cake to all the customers during the week I went). Would make a point to stop by this place even if just to browse the decor.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Enjoyed the breakfast atmosphere and service so much, I had to return for lunch the next day! Breakfast was hearty (loved the grits) but lunch was my favorite. Order the salad sampler - portions of each offering on their salad list! The seafood salad was my favorite, the curry chicken salad was oddly good, and the Cesar and fruit salads were crisp and sweet compliments. The store itself is fun - steeped in 100 years of history of the island...it is wide and open, with a u-shaped granite soda counter. Order a shake or sundae for dessert!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I've eaten here many times and always found the food and service are great. It is a historical landmark worth visiting.

We recently brought a 17-year old friend from Scotland to the Star Drug Store, He along with my daughter sat at the drug store counter and enjoyed a hamburger.

Just steps away is a Kitchen Store and a local Coffee Shop -- all worth the visit.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Like stepping back in time to a Woolworth's lunch counter. We had breakfast - comfort food that was prepared timely and tasted good. Other folks were having large (1/2 pound) hamburgers, floats and desserts. Seemed like a mix of locals and tourists. On cooler days there are tables outside. A flyer on the table gives you the history of the building. Just a short walk from The Strand.
We'll certainly return and bring the grandkids so they can experience it.