“A Tasty Bit of History”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 October 2017

First, let me say that I appreciate Star's efforts to keep this historic counter running. Since it was near our hotel in the historic part of town, we thought we'd try it out. It is what you would expect from an old diner. The sandwiches were good and we enjoyed most of the salads. Our favorites include the Chicken Curry Salad (both on its own and as a sandwich) and the Tomato Basil Soup (chunky and well flavored). While my partner enjoyed her shake, I was less impressed with my Coke float. The vanilla ice cream used seemed icy, more like ice milk. The shake, flavored, on the other had was creamy. All that said, the staff was super friendly and attentive. Only other negative... is that I was so full, I thought I would pop!!! :)

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Quick trip back to a 40’s soda shop. The food was average all-American fare, and the single waitstaff was sadly overworked. Never less, it was a fun and nostalgic morning.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Amazing. My husband had breakfast and I had brunch. the food was amazing and the service was wonderful the atmosphere brought back child hood memories of an old drug store feel. I would definitely recommend to anyone

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Thick bacon, perfectly fried eggs, creamy grits, and fluffy sweet pancakes. Excellent coffee. Fresh OJ.
Served fast and hot! Cooked right in front of you! How can breakfast bet any better!?

Reviewed 17 August 2017

This is not a Five Star local; it's better! The really good breakfast, the cheese sandwich the way your mother made it; THIS is Star Drug. The way it was when you were a kid.Even better, because you can get it today!