“Galveston Best Outdoor Bar & Grill”
Review of Marina Bar & Grill

Marina Bar & Grill
Ranked #167 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Description: The Marina Bar & Grill, located at The Galveston Yacht Basin, is a true treasure serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner overlooking the Galveston Ship Channel. The restaurant boasts an incredible sunset view perfect for a date, a family outing, or just meeting with friends. Ocean views with outdoor seating. Large menu selection & daily specials. Attentive and friendly service. Serving beer and wine. Live music on weekends. Open for sunrise breakfast, lunch and dinner. Full breakfast menu on the weekends. Come enjoy good food, a cold beer, and lovely view on our outdoor deck. We are also pet-friendly.
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Stopped by one afternoon on a short visit to Galveston from Houston. The view is so relaxing and refreshing - you get to see the boats at the Marina and a view of the bay area. The shrimp po-boy sandwich was really good with a unique sauce and amazing crispy steak French fries. The staff is super friendly too! Definitely a go back spot to take friends.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Came here after work one day with a friend for a few drinks. He got the fried shrimp which was delicious and I got the beer battered fish and chips which was huge! The steak fries were perfect. Beer prices decent and live music on the weekends.
The best part was the view. It sits right on the harbor. You can watch the boats go in and out as well as catch a cruise ship coming in or out without the traffic of the seawall. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Visited with a large group and enjoyed the ourdoor setting. They let us pull two picnic tables together in the shade and our group of 11 settled in. My husband, a friend and I ordered first. We were served last. Drinks and food items came at odd intervals, delivered by a very personable server. The menu is extremely limited. My hamburger was one of the poorest I've ever had. The patty was a big, uneven lump of meat that seemed to me to be about 90% lean ground beef, unseasoned and cooked into a big, dry lump. The tomato slice was too thick, the lettuce scrappy, no onion or pickle. The only good thing about it was the soft, tasty potato bun. The steak fries were really good. I took a bite of a friend's fried fish. The portion was huge. The batter tasted of stale oil.

I enjoyed the location. Despite the uneven way our food arrived, our server was pleasant and treated us well. I would go back only for a group get together, but I would order the steak fries and nothing else. For the quality, the food was way over-priced.

2  Thank mimawsue