“Burgers and German specialty ”

Cafe Michael Burger
Ranked #71 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

German specials on the menu. Everything is tasty and fresh! Cold beer. Don't hesitate to try the burgers as well

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for a quick burger with husband and son.

Boring beer selection. Fake cheese on all burgers (the "Swiss" on mine was basically white colored processed American cheese.) They charge 86¢ for a side of Ranch dressing. The tartar sauce was basically mayonnaise with no added flavor. No paper towels or hand dryers in the bathroom.

The first place we wanted to go was already running a 20 minute wait by 11:30. We should have waited instead of settling for this disappointment that had plenty immediate seating available at noon.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

This is kind of a hole in the wall place and you would miss it if you weren't looking for it. Nice view of the water and AC inside. Good variety of burgers. My family really enjoyed this place and we will probably go back next time we are in Galveston. I really liked my burger and sweet potato fries and everyone else said they enjoyed their food as well.
No kids hamburger. A smaller burger seems easy enough for a burger restaurant. They did have other kids items though.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

The burger and fries are good. I'd probably would have rated this as very good if the customer service was better. I'd recommend if you're in the mood for a mom/pop shop type of burger.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We came here based of a recommendation from a shop we frequent when in Galveston. We were told it was just as good as the Spot (which is Always busy) The place was near our vacation home, so we passed by it on our way home and noticed it was quite busy. Figured that was a good sign. Still much less of a line then it would have been at The spot so we gave it a try. We arrive with our party of 7 and order appetizers and food for all. The apps were decent enough, the burgers were awful. After we left I realized they served "veggie type burgers" there as well, and I'd swear that is probably what we got by mistake. Burgers were dry, not tasty whatsoever and the person in our party that ordered a fish sandwich only took 2 bites. I took a chunk of the fish to try myself as I did not like the burger, and it was so bad I had to use my napkin as I couldn't force myself to eat it. Very disappointed.

1  Thank TBeck2015