“Wow-great stuff”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Arlington, TX
“Wow-great stuff”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I was in Galveston this past week at a friend's house, she'd discovered Shykatz the week before and had some great baked goods-yummy muffins, GREAT cookies and tasty brownies. We went for lunch on Monday and I had a fantastic grilled chicken wrap with homemade salsa and with a great fresh fruit cup of oranges, grapes and melon. My friend had the chicken quesadillas with salad and avocado slices which she loved! We got a piece of fresh spice cake to go and it was wonderful. I picked up cupcakes for my hubby on my way out of town and they were amazing. The staff are friendly, the place is cute and a little funky and I am looking forward to trying out their breakfast!!

Visited March 2012

Houston, Texas
“Cozy bakery with deli counter”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Serves breakfast and lunch. Homemade cakes, cookies and pies. Pimento cheese is outstanding. Daily specials. Boar's Head meats available to go. Home-like decor with 50's style kitchen tables. Order at counter and food will be brought to your table. Welcoming staff. Locals frequent. Bookshelf with Christian book selection. Closes at 3pm. Closed Sundays.

• Visited March 2012
Galveston, Texas
“Great & Simple Deli / Restaurant, Lunch Prices a Bit High”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I've been to Shykatz three times now, twice for lunch and once for breakfast. I must say if you are craving a good quality sandwich or a home style breakfast, there may not be a better place in town.

When you walk in you go straight to the counter to order, nothing fancy. Drinks are a la carte and self service, but the food is delivered straight to your table. You also seem to be able to order meats/baked goods to go, but I have not used that service. The atmosphere is very hole-in-the-wall Galvestonian. Built into what seems to have been a house.

Taste is where SkyKatz really excells, my first time there I ordered a sandwich called the Tomboy (I think). It was piled high with the advertised boar's head meets and may have been the most artery clogging bite of heaven I've ever had. The next time I went for breakfast and got a tall stack of pancakes with ham on the side, both were delicious and filling.

The price is a bit high for lunch, most sandwiches will run you around ten, add a drink and thats kind of on the high end. Breakfast is a bit more reasonable. Still, if you feel you can afford it ShyKatz isn't a bad way to spend your money.

• Visited March 2012
Texas
“Twice in two days”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We found this neighborhood breakfast spot/deli on Trip Advisor. Friendly and family run in a residential neighborhood. We got a take out sandwich one day and then had breakfast on departure day. Local police were eating there- always a very good sign.

Visited February 2012
“Awesome breakfast!”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Great breakfast! The katzatrophic and hurdle rancheros are particularly good. The pancakes also looked great and the veggie egg white omelet was also tasty. Good homemade bread served.