“Favorite breakfast on the island.”
Review of ShyKatZ

ShyKatZ
Ranked #45 of 315 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great atmosphere and very good food. Service ranges from good to excellent. It's a must stop, especially for breakfast when we're on the island.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place has long been a favorite since they opened. Cute stuff on the walls. Excellent food. Incredible bakery. My newest review gives them a poor rating due to the fact that the last few times I have eaten there, the service has been really bad. Recently, I took out-of-town guests for a Saturday breakfast. Yes, the sign said "expect long wait during peak season...etc", but I did not expect a 90-minute wait for two eggs over easy, bacon, and toast. After one hour we asked the hostess at the cash register to check on our food. She didn't really respond --- sort of gave us this weird look. Then, when our food finally arrived, the waitress (who I think was the owner) didn't apologize for the delay. I was so embarrassed and apologized profusely to my guests.

This has happened more than once. I continue to support this restaurant but I'm beginning to change my mind!

If the restaurant is this popular during peak times, for Pete's sake, get some more cooks!

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

After reading all the positive reviews on trip advisor for this out-of-the-way restaurant, I thought I would try it out. What a disappointment: I ordered the toasted cheese sandwich with tomato and a coffee. The toasted cheese sandwich was the worst I have ever had and consisted of very little: it was a tiny sandwich made for an elf. The coffee was okay, but the total bill was $10. I should have gone to a fast food joint for better food and a lower price.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

They have a fried PB&J that I heard was very good. I didn't try it, but I would love to next time I go. Most things on the menu were yummy comfort food, but the fried PB&J stood out.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Our son lives in Galveston and suggested having lunch there. Great food but please save room for dessert.. WOW Homemade cakes, cookies and other deserts. when ever we go to Galveston to see him, there is always time for a tyrip to Shykatz.

Kathryne K, General Manager at ShyKatZ, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank You so much for spending time with us♡♡♡