“Wonderful getaway - hope to visit again!”
other travellers have booked this property
Shore to Please
Close view of front Back of house
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Close view of front
Back of house
View from the front deck. Beautiful!!
View of the ocean from rear deck
View of 3005 from rear deck
Living room
Kitchen (granite counter top)
Kitchen and bar
Dining/living area
Dining area
Living room and card table
View of windows living room
View of the ocean from living room window
Living room/dining room
One of three granite topped vanities
Master bedroom with desk, chest of drawers and armoire
Second queen bedroom with chest of drawers
Third bedroom trundle beds
Third bedroom bunk beds and chest of drawers
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Bill C
Tomball, Texas
“Wonderful getaway - hope to visit again!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Shore to Please certainly did for us! Our weeklong visit went without a hitch. It was an all adult crew, and we found the setting worked well. Beautiful gulf views from inside the home for those less mobile, and a short walk to the beach for the young adults wanting to take advantage of the "no vehicles" / freshly cleaned Jamaica Beach beaches! Gas and convenience stores close by as well as a few restaurants for those no cook days. Kitchen was well-equipped (I did go pick up a rice cooker since I had brought along a huge pot of gumbo ;-), washer & dryer and all other appliances worked great. Wi-fi worked fine as did cable TV. Also enjoyed the room-sized, double-head shower in one of the baths!

We found the owners very easy to work with and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We're hoping to visit again soon!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Love being in a HOME while beaching it. Was well equipped for visitors.
Liked least: Leaving ;-)
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
26 Aug 2014
We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you visit Shore To Please again and again!!!
Lisa S
“Beautiful views, steps to the beach, nice place.”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 for a stay in August 2013

I could go on and on about this place. It's perfect for family or friend getaways. Each room is large enough for your things, the beds are comfortable, and you can accommodate a large group. Two of the bedrooms are split with a bathroom to share, but also has sinks/mirrors for each side so you get your own place for your things. There is an additional bathroom that has a king size shower with two showers heads - it's awesome! The 3rd bedroom has double bunk beds. All rooms come with a tv as well (not that you need it, the ocean is too close not to enjoy!).

Plenty of things to cook with, BBQ, appliances, tons of nice glasses and dishes - makes it so easy to show up without needing to pack extra things. The couches are comfy, dining table is nice, an additional small table for extras to dine as well as a kid's table. This place is perfect.

The porch wraps around the house and includes plenty of chairs for sitting. Also included is a spectacular view of the ocean! Nothing like going to bed and waking up to the sounds of the ocean.

There's also a local store walking distance that has managed to pack in most likely anything you would need for a vacation stay. They also make breakfast tacos and sandwiches (or groceries to make breakfast). Next door is a small restaurant that is good if you are looking to order in. Go all in and order the chicken fried steak. It's ok, the beach you'll be staying at is so private that you won't have to worry about your short-term vacation weight gain.

The owners are kind, attentive, and provide excellent service.

I've been coming to Galveston for a few years now and I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
26 Aug 2014
We are very happy you had a great time at Shore To Please. We hope you come back some time soon!
Houston
Reviewed 12 July 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
26 Aug 2014
Glad you enjoyed your stay at Shore To Please. We hope to see you back again sometime!!!
LA
Reviewed 3 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012

3 Jul 2012
I'm sorry this guest had problems. Our management company's owner had to step out due to illness and they were going through some changes during this guest's stay. However, when the guest contacted me, I did remedy everything they called me about. I had the yard mowed, the air conditioner serviced, the boards refastened and we are replacing the refrigerator.

I'm not sure why TV quality was poor for them. Weather maybe? We have a 42" Flat HD plasma TV with Comcast Cable and smaller HD Tvs in the bedrooms.

We of course have no control over mosquitos. They are just a part of the beach scene. Although I did have the AC drain rerouted to lessen the "pool" of water the guest referred to.

I also offered to compensate these guests for their troubles.

My wife and I have four kids and we understand that vacations should be relaxing and enjoyable. We try to do everything we can to make sure Shore to Please is a family friendly, wonderful vaction spot our guests will enjoy and want to return to in the future. But, I understand that you can't please everyone.

If a guest reports a problem, we work expeditiously to remedy it.
TX
Reviewed 11 July 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 45-54
26 Aug 2014
Always nice to help out a fellow service member!! Glad you were able to relax before your deployment. Semper Fi!!!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
How to book this rental
Submit an enquiry to the owner using the above make enquiry button
The owner will respond with a quote.  We encourage owners to respond within 24 hours
You will be able to send additional messages and pay for the quote through the TripAdvisor Rental Inbox
Payments made through the TripAdvisor Rental inbox are covered by Payment Protection
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing