“This is a great Mexican restaurant.”
Review of Rivera's Mex

Rivera's Mex
Ranked #177 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 October 2017

We have eaten a lot of Mexican and 9 out of 10 times its the same old stuff. This place shined for us. The service was great and the food was delivered quickly. I wish this place was in my home town I would eat there on a regular basis.

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Melt in your mouth tamales. No seriously- you have to try them. The beans, rice and veggies were excellent but I could eat those tamales forever. FOREVER. Spiced well, perfect consistency, the gravy was totally yummy and of course topped with cheese. Hubs had Riveras Salad and has not stopped raving about it yet. We were stealing from each other's plates. It was awesome.

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

Came here by myself looking for some casual Mexican food. This was recommended to me by my hotel (Towneplace suites). I got the fish tacos and fried plantains, total $17. See picture. They have a pretty large menu. Very good! Definitely get the fried plantains!!

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

I really love this restaurant! The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because of the lack of ambiance! Not that everyone needs ambiance! The salsa and chips are fantastic! My favorites are the Pupusas and the fried plantains. I adore the spinach and cheese Pupusas best.
My son ordered the Fish Tacos and informed me that they rival the best he has had (Las Vegas).
We were so full we had to get takeout containers. The servers were very nice. I also know a native Salvadorian who loves the food here as well (that's how I discovered it).
They do serve beer but we were not drinking. I do recommend this restaurant..especially for lunch! It will pleasantly surprise you! It did me!

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Great food. When we placed our order, they told my husband they were out of Carne asada . He was disappointed, but went with fajitas. When the food arrived our server surprised him with a fresh batch of Carne asada. He was very pleased. My children and I also loved the food.