“Not what I expected”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

jessisme7...
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed 28 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

I was extremely happy with the room we stayed in- it was apt. 9. The only thing my boyfriend and I notice was that I a/c unit could have used a good cleaning, other then that it was perfect for us. The room is small it's perfect for 2 people though and the location is great and the price point is awesome. We walked to pleasure pier, to several bars and restaurants. If we go back we'll use this place again for sure!!

FuQuan201...
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Never Again”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

This place is an old enclosed apartment building being renovated and the condo we stayed in is actually an efficiency apartment that has been renovated.They fool you into thinking it sleeps 6, but it only has one bed and 2 air mattresses you will need to put on the floor, but the place is so small, you will have to put one of them against the stove and refrigerator. This room size is only comfortable for 2 people. There is not couch or dishwasher. I wouldn't allow anyone to sleep on the floor because the neighborhood friendly roaches come out each night. The bed is very uncomfortable. The bathroom is small and the shower is so small, you will touch the walls with any movement. A big person will not fit. We couldn't tell if the sheets on the bed were changed before we got there because hair from past guest covered the sheets. NASTY!!! The towels in the bathroom also had hair left from past guest. They were so cheap that they couldn't get a new bottle of dishwashing liquid, they just filled the old bottle with shower gel from the bathroom. The only good thing about this place is that it is a block from the beach. I would never stay here again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location to beach
Liked least: sheets and towels not clean
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
19 Aug 2014
Thank you for your input and review of our property. We view all reviews as positive in that we can learn from each guest. Of course, as in any dealings with the public, we cannot please everyone all the time. However, we do please most guests all the time. I think if you would have read the listing you would have recognized it was a studio/efficiency style rental. We DID NOT use the term "condo" in our description. Wish we had known you were looking for 5-star accommodations - we have a 2/2 CONDO on the west end of the island that is beach front and is available at $289/night.

Once again, thank you for your input.
Edwardbab
“Great and very accomodating stay”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

My wife and I had never done this before. We have always stayed in hotel or resort. Prior to our say, the onsite manager provided an email with directions and helpful instructions for parking, along with their personal number in case I had any questions or issues. The room was great! Very clean and had everything we could have needed. The building is also within walking distance from the beach. The on-site manager was very nice and helpful. I would definitely recommend this for anyone looking for a nice and simple getaway.

MTJJEWT
Dallas, TX
“Great Rental and Location”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

This was a great rental. It was easy to find and perfect walking distance to everything we needed. The A/C worked great and we had everything we needed.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
thesexton...
“We are very grateful to have found this place!!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

We stayed at 1715 19th st. In Galveston apartment 9 April the 6th through the 10th and we are so grateful to have found this place!!!before we got there my husband our 2 and 6 yr old and myself we were afraid what this place would be because of the price it was so affordable we were afraid it was gonna be horrible but its what we could afford . When we got there we were amazed!!! It was nice clean and just what We needed!!! Everything is provided even paper towels and laundry soap!! It was extremely easy to book it has a keyles entry which was awesome (no key to keep up with ) we couldn't have asked for a better location we walked to the beach and pleasure pier!! Very short drive to Moody gardens!! Parking was a breeze!! Neighbors are extremely nice Julie (manager) was so friendly she even offered to let us use her bike!! We all loved romeo ( new daddy ) Julie's dog! Has a nice lil back yard to sit and relax!! Bed was comfortable and clean blow up mattress was comfortable and extremely easy to blow up it was electric took like 2 seconds!! I know reviews are suppose to tell you something you could improve but honestly I just couldn't think of anything this place made our trip so enjoyable !!! Thank you Julie for showing our family with such kindness and that you for your amazing hospitality!!! We will definitely be back to Galveston and we don't even have to plan next year where to stay because we already know wouldn't think of going anywhere else you def get way more than you pay for!!

Management Response
12 Apr 2014
Thank you for the very kind words - we are honored to host your family and so happy you enjoyed your stay. Our number one priority is cleanliness. I sent your review to Julie as she is the person responsible and I know she will greatly appreciate you kind words. Of course, we will love to have your family stay with us anytime you're in the Galveston area.

Steven
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing