“Good Food but for Not for the Price”
Review of Saltwater Grill

Saltwater Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Saltwater Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 316 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$25 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 21st Street
Description: The Saltwater Grill is located just steps away from The Grand 1894 Opera House. Featuring an array of tantalizing fresh-from-the-grill and fresh-from-the-kettle seafood specialties, Saltwater Grill is in a class of its own when it comes to quality and attention to detail.
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Thought I would try this place for my one fancy meal while on vacation. The atmosphere was nice, service was great, and the food was good for the most part but not for the price. I had the sea scallops which came with green beans and roasted fingerling potatoes. The crusty bread that came before my entree was very good. As for my entree, the scallops were prepared well and the green beans were cooked well enough, but the potatoes were underdone. For the price, the quantity could have been larger and the potatoes should have been cooked properly. I've had better for less. This place didn't wow me.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Saltwater Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you so much for this 4-star rating. We appreciate you bringing the details of your visit to our attention. We're thrilled you enjoyed your scallops but disappointed the sides didn't measure up to expectations. We will certainly make the kitchen staff aware and hope you'll consider joining us again the next time you're in Galveston.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Nice looking dimly lighted bistro with well done indoor decor in the Strand area; All the items looked great, but the grilled shrimp and the grilled fish were outstanding! Salads were fresh with unique dressings. Good dinner place for grilled seafood dishes!

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Saltwater Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Thank you so much, Will, for the great review! Glad you stopped in to enjoy some fresh seafood with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

We live in Galveston and decided to go to Saltwater for a quick lunch. The servers seemed more interested in prepping for later customers and although there were plenty of wait staff we were not waited on promptly. We had the Ahi Tuna stack. It was not as good as usual and had way too much bell pepper. Overall we won't be back for lunch at this usually very good restaurant.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Saltwater Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and give us your feedback, Dan. We value input from our diners and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We're disappointed that on this visit, your experience was less than spectacular and will certainly check with the kitchen and the wait staff.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I reserved this restaurant as a splurge celebration for a family event. At first, I was so impressed. We had a wonderful room for our group of 15, but that was the last impressive display.
One server isn't enough for a group of 15 and the food was so disappointing. Tough fish, steak was subpar with tons of fat. We waited a long time for water refills. Just not what I expected :(

1  Thank cutekids9902

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review and give us your feedback. We value our diners' input and we will certainly pass yours along to management. We're disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet expectations and if you'd like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. - Karla, karla@galvestonrestaurantgroup.com

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We were sat quickly... took time for our waitress to come over. It was my husband, our 3 kids and me. The waitress seemed like she was having a bad day and it showed in her service. Plus maybe I should have ordered for my kids as I felt like she took advantage of them. As sides are alacart and she asked the kids what sides they would like as if it came with the meal. So lo and behold we had enough mashed potatoes to feed an army... we ordered the lobster rolls which were fabulous and tuna tower. Would not recommend as it has no flavor. My son order the pasta off the kids menu and it was very dry and rubbery, the girls had the filets medium, tad under cooked and lacked flavor. The heaping serving of mashed potatoes had to have been the worst I ever had. My husband had the red snapper said it was ok... i ordered the sea bass with shrimp and it was good! The markum merlot was also good!!! Overall service plus food I might try again but would definitely be request a different waiter!!!

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Saltwater Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Thank you, Nikki, for taking the time to submit a review and give us your feedback. We value our diners' comments and use them to improve the dining experience. Happy to hear you enjoyed many of your choices but disappointed the entire experience was not spectacular. We'll certainly take a look at the additional details you've provided. We're glad to hear that you'll try us again and we look forward to serving you and your family again.