“Great Seafood options.”
Review of Fish Tales

Fish Tales
Reserve with OpenTable
Fish Tales is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, View, Groups, Bar Scene
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited with friends. Clam chowder was wonderful, chicken sandwiches for our non seafood eaters weren't too great. Fried fish/shrimp was excellent choice. Those of us that ordered seafood were impressed. The 3 that ordered chicken not so much. I understand it is a seafood establishment, however more options for those who do not eat seafood would be ideal. I would frequent this establishment more, knowing my family who doesn't eat seafood would have better dining options/better food. Service was good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,331)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I stopped in here because it was near our hotel and looked sorta charming. We were told to go upstairs to the bar, and the hostess there had fallen asleep at her station, and slept through our finding a table. We ordered boiled shrimp, and the cocktail sauce was great, as was the quality of the shrimp. Delicious. But the waitress, mostly not around and the service, just ok. We ordered a daiquiri that, to be honest, tasted like it was from a can, and we left having spent nearly 35 dollars on nothing. Mostly a tourist place. I wouldn't drop in.

1  Thank MarkCharney
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

We were excited to eat at a local restaurant.......what a disappointment. The food was mediocre and the drinks were watered down. This place is definitely a tourist trap.....my steak was dry and no flavor, and the other 5 dishes we had were only half eaten......the view of the amusement park was cool....that is about the only good thing about this tourist trap.... Go to Joe s crab shack. Skip this place...

1  Thank cubsandbroncos
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Was hoping to find a good fish place on our visit to Galveston. This is not the place. It’s just your average beach location, that was probably really good at one time. However now with its worn look, and lack of enthusiasm hostess, you can tell...this really is not going to be great.
The menu is plain and really unimaginative. You see people studying it for a long time, looking for something that sounds good. However what is offered does not seem like its worth what is charged.
I have to admit my fried fish sandwich was good, but for $15 I would hope it would be. Once agai pin...served with unimaginative, basic fries.
Nothing that special. I think we could have done a lot better, somewhere else.

1  Thank water44
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend, the food was great and the service was even better! We had the pleasure of having Alyona has our waitress! She recommended the shrimp kisses for an appetizer and it was DELISH! She was out standing!