“Just found in my neighborhood!”
Review of El Jardin

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Jardin
Ranked #194 of 315 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

They've been there since 1985, but somehow they weren't on my radar! I had breakfast there and I'm so glad they're on 9 blocks from home. Great quality ingredients, including wonderful tortillas. Substantial portions & great service. Some of their dishes are named after regulars! They're only open until 2 PM.

1  Thank NickRufus

Reviewed 24 July 2015 via mobile

Friendly waitstaff and great food, this is a nice local eatery. Will visit again, very good value. Had the number 9, beef tips, very filling.

Reviewed 26 May 2015 via mobile

I went to El Jardin for dinner while visiting the city and enjoyed my time there. The atmosphere was a little dark but the food was delicious and we enjoyed the live music. I would love to have an opportunity to go there again.

Reviewed 14 October 2014

the place was not clean and the food and servive awful. the waiter looked like a bum . so many good places on the island, no reason to eat herr.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

So glad to find El Jardin just one block from the Tremont Hotel where we were staying. $3.50 buys you a "Surprise #1" breakfast burrito. Served on a homemade tortilla, it was so loaded with goodness that it split, and I had to eat it with a fork. Locals were having breakfast there (including the police, which is always a good sign!). My favorite part was the line drawn around the room where the water rose during Hurricane Ike in 2008. It was over my head! This plain little Mexican cafe won my heart for overcoming such odds and still keeping prices so low.

2  Thank Cindy W