“Yum”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: Looking for fresh local seafood and a casual beachfront atmosphere? Benno's on the Beach has both! Our menu offers a variety of Cajun grilled, golden fried, and hot boiled entrees. Dine in or take out today.
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Tried to go Saturday night of Dickens but line was well put of the door so returned on Sunday night, it was rainy out n pretty quiet when we arrived a little before 8pm. Cajun shrimp with Cajun potatoes, garlic bread n traded slaw for hush puppies. Hubs had fried shrimp with hush puppies n fries. Also had boudin. Shrimp portions are tasty n generous. Cajun is spicy and yummy. Boudin was grilled n tasty served with crackers and hush puppies. Staff were friendly, it was slow on this rainy evening and staff seemed to get along well and were fun to chat with as well.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

First time visit. Great location with view. The fish/shrimp platter was the best. Generous portions of each. The shrimp were large and had a little spice, but not too much. The gumbo was bland and tasted like vegetable soup, disappointed and would not order that again. Will visit again.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

I'm 67 and when I surfed as a teen this location was a Burger Chef but you wouldn't know it now. The casual restaurant has been a long time favorite when my daughter lived on the island from 2000 until Hurricane Ike. The Cajun and fried seafood is about as tasty as it gets and the portions are overly generous. If you're hungry and want seafood, this is the place to go. There is interior and outdoor seating. The best time to sit outside is in spring and summer and watch the sunset. The staff are friendly and the prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Found this place on the Seawall during the Lone Star Rally which was also in Galveston at the same time at the Art Educators Convention. Amazing Red Beans and Rice.
Also, seafood platter, grilled Cajun style, amazing. Easy to get to. Down home place with local offerings.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

This is a very affordable restaurant is located right on the seawall with a great view of the beach. Great for families or couples looking for a quick bite to eat. It's far from upscale, so this is not the place for a fancy date.The customer service was great. You walk up to the counter and place your order. I ordered the whole fried catfish. We found great seats by the window with a nice beach view. There are seats outside on the patio. It was windy so we stayed inside. We only waited about 15 minutes or less and they were bringing out our food. The fish was still smoking hot when they brought it out. The catfish covered the whole plate. I think this is be best catfish I have ever had in my life. I just melts in you mouth. I had Cajun grilled potatoes which were delicious. I could not eat it all. I got some bread pudding to go. I had a little piece and it was very good. I will be back to this place on a regular basis when I go to Galveston.

2  Thank Renea001