“Casual Dinner With Friends”

Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar
Ranked #30 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 February 2018

The Gumbo Bar has great oysters, both raw and cooked a variety of ways. The service is great. The seafood gumbo is outstanding with a variety of seafood in the soup. The portions are very large, so don't get the "large" bowl unless you are starving.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Thank you Ronald! We are glad you liked the service and the Gumbo. Please come back and see us real soon!

Reviewed 5 February 2018

We stop by for gumbo every Mardi Gras season. Having grown up in New Orleans, the flavor is a little different but still very enjoyable. The roux is darker than I'm use to and the seafood is added when ordered. For me that is a plus since I prefer only shrimp and crab in my gumbo. The garlic bread is a large order and very good especially with the gumbo. Service was also very good.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Thank you for your great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed our gumbo and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

My wife and I had a couple of bowls of terrific gumbo and a nice draft beer for lunch. The poboys also sounded good but we didn't try.

Thanks for the review. We are very happy to hear you and your wife enjoyed your lunch with us. We hop to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

This was without a doubt the best Gumbo I have ever eaten. The roux was flavorful and the seafood plentiful. We had it with the garlic bread which was perfect for capturing every last drop in our bowls.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Thank you for your great review Teresa! Please come back and see us for more garlic bread and gumbo!

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

To start the service was amazing. I’m sorry I didn’t get our servers name. She was short with blonde hair in a high bun. Thank you for being sweet and dealing with my difficult order with no complaints. Now for the food. My girlfriend got the half order of regular oysters which she loved. We also started with the NOLA Seafood Balls. Absolute best we’ve had so far. She decided on the Half and Half PoBoy; she chose Crawfish and Shrimp. I went for the Seafood platter; subbed my oysters out for extra shrimp, subbed my regular fries for sweet potato fries, and I went for grilled instead of fried. Everything was full of flavor! We will definitely be going back. We have absolutely no complaints.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Thank you Kristyn! We are so happy you enjoyed the service and all the food! We loved to hear your flavorful high praise and we are looking forward to seeing you and your friend again!