“Good place for breakfast before a cruise”

Taqueria Melchor Ocampo
Ranked #140 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We, as a party of 5 (married couple, her parents and my mom) went here before a cruise. The Mexican food was good. The breakfast burrito was very large and very good - actually a better deal than Laredo Taco Company.

One worker there, Tóneta, from Nicaragua, was especially welcoming and friendly - she made the experience great for all of us!

Give it a try. We added menu photos for breakfast, lunch and dinner to help.

Thank Chris and Nerey... S

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We came with my family on a Saturday at 2:00 pm.
Service took for ever. Dishes came at different times so half of my family were done when I got my dish.
Food was super greasy. Not authentic Mexican at all.
Won't come back....

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

We had the breakfast burritos and they were amazing. Service is prompt and super friendly. Prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

Amazing nice staff, cold beer, EXCELLENT food at a price so reasonable we way over tipped and left (both times) extremely pleased.
We enjoyed it so much we went 2 times within a day and a 1/2.
If this was in my neighborhood I would weigh double.

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Local home cooked Mexican breakfast, in an up an coming neighborhood. Try the barbacoa plate,eggs over easy or sunny side up. Never a disappointment, and you know it's good if the hot sauce is good.