“Superb service of exquisite cuisine!!!”

Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 316 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 20th Street
Description: When visiting Galveston Island, you simply can't miss the Island's most unique dining experience, Rudy & Paco. Rudy & Paco features grilled seafood and steak with a South and Central American sabor. Relax and unwind with your favorite cocktail while enjoying delicious Antojitos. Rudy & Paco is located next door to The Grand 1894 Opera House, and is a great choice for pre-show dinner specials. Dinner: No shorts (men or women), hats/caps, or sleeveless shirts for men. Lunch: Smart Casual
Reviewed 1 week ago

From the moment you walk in this restaurant you know you made the right choice. The Maître D greats each person as you enter and quickly makes you feel relaxed and at home in a beautiful restaurant environment. As soon as you sit a server brings fresh bottled water, snacks of thin fried plantains with dipping sauce and takes your drink order. The wine list is exceptional. I would suggest the finest appetizer I have ever had in the Tempura Fried Lobster Tail which melts in your mouth. Not to be outdone by the Lobster Appetizer the Scallops in a light crème sauce were a delicious main course. If I lived in Houston I would drive to Galveston to eat at this restaurant. For those that don't live in Houston or Galveston you must be content to eat at this fine dining masterpiece anytime you are within 50 miles...its that good.

Francisco V, Owner at Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

What a terrific review. You covered virtually every aspect of what we think a customer should be evaluating when choosing a business such as ours. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks again

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

All around great experience. If nationwide chains are the only thing you go for, you're missing out big time. This one-off place is exactly what it needs to be. Unique dishes based on known standards which are greatly improved, but not so weird and different that your average person spending too much money on their birthday can't figure out what's up. Quality is unchallenged. We had a crab cake appetizer that as previously noted all over the other reviews is simply outstanding. The scallops were the best I've ever had and quite sizable (a problem I run into occasionally). My wife had the shrimp in butter and garlic sauce- very, very good. Young Alex the waiter- good kid, worked hard and very personable. He never missed a beat. One of the few people I've ever tipped 25%. Now, is it 4 $'s out of 5? Yes. Don't go looking for a coupon, it's not that kind of place. Others have complained about them not allowing shorts in the supper hours- I'm glad they don't. I don't pay these prices to look at you in your tanktop. If it's that big a deal, go to Willie G's. We went there and it's very good as well.

Have to tell the whole truth- we had the molten chocolate desert. 80% outstanding, but the bottom of the cake had been burnt. Ah, well. The rest knocked your socks off. Really good vanilla ice-cream.

Francisco V, Owner at Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I would like to extend on behalf of our entire organization our gratitude for your continued patronage. Your comments regarding our business is most appreciated. We are thrilled that you feel led to share your comments with fellow consumers. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Remains a favorite among Galvestonians. The freshest seafood in town and always well prepared. Professional, courteous staff that welcomes each guest. Excellent management. Highly recommend for lunch and dinner.

I see that you visited our business last week. We appreciate your conveying thoughts with fellow consumers who hopefully might be our future satisfied customers as well. As you probably realize, consumer reviews are the number one determinant for influencing other consumers. Thanks and thanks again for your patronage.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Once again took a trip down to Galveston and made sure we had a reservation at Rudy & Pacos before we travelled. Not much else I can say that hadn't been said before. Superb seafood served with style and finesse!

Francisco V, Owner at Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to provide fellow consumers with your rich perspective. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Being a person who eats only plant based whole food, it’s not always easy to find a restaurant that will prepare something I will eat. Not the case at Rudy & Paco’s. They prepared a vegetable medley for me that was exactly the way I asked and it was delicious. My wife had the avocado with fresh crab meet, beef stake tomato, with shrimp and red snapper. She said it was spectacular. Service was great. We ate at the bar and watched the baseball game. It was a delightful experience.

Francisco V, Owner at Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

It was a pleasure to have you as one of our guests and hope to have the same opportunity often in the future. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and how you enjoyed your visit.