“Gumbo and Crawfish are awesome!”
Review of Cajun Greek

Cajun Greek
Ranked #19 of 322 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Description: Our mouth-watering seafood comes fresh from the Gulf and is seasoned w/ Cajun flair & served w/ your Greek favorites. Galveston Local's Favorite!
Reviewed 16 March 2017

It's crawfish season and my wife was drawn to the bar at CG for the mudbugs. She lusted over the little critters of almost an hour, pinching tails and sucking heads...yum. She is a "rating session" for crawfish locations and the Cajun Greek is her favorite this year. In addition their gumbo is second to none on the Island and I love it and the larger serving is a dinner in itself. We like eating at the bar as the ambiance is entertaining. House wines are delicious and make the meal all that more enjoyable. Burgers are also memorable..the Greek Burger is very tasty. A must go to restaurant while on The Island.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

this restaurant has boiled crayfish, seafood poboys and other delicious staples. We had crayfish, shrimp poboy and a burger and a veggie burger. They were all great. Although it seems be only a little bit Cajun and a little bit Greek, it si an excellent seafood restaurant with fresh local fare. Additionally, the hostess and wait staff were knowledgeable, courteous and fun.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

It was the night of Super Bowl 51 in Houston. And for a change I wanted to taste some local food, hence my visit to the "Cajun Greek".

The place wasn't busy when I went probably because they were at home watching the Super Bowl, another reason for timing my visit for when I did, 1730pm.

I decided to sit at the bar to eat and drink, they had the usual draught beer on offer but they had something for everyone.

To go with my beer, I had a starter which was prawn with a bacon blanket. And it was sublime! Best eaten with your fingers. Then for my main I'd ordered a "Gyros", which I just love. It was well presented with side salad and rice. And to finish it off another beer.

Over all, I had a pleasant evening meal. The "Cajun Greek" is well staffed and they were happy to offer assistance in choosing your food if you stuck on what to choose.

I drove to the "Cajun Greek", taxi will get you there. Not sure about the local bus service. I parked outside at the front, they have a large car park at the rear.

So if your in Galveston and can get to the "Cajun Greek" for good local food then get there!

As always, the staff help make a place and here the staff were no exception to that rule.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

This restaurant's menu includes a great variety of Greek and other casual foods. But their BEST offerings are an impressive array of fresh seafood dishes, "platters". The champion is a mountain of seasoned steamed crawfish, easily a lot for two. Awesome service and even in the middle of a very busy night, we were promptly seated and attentively served. Excellent do not miss it.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

The hotel recommended this restaurant on our first day in Galveston this week. Locals eat there the front desk said so off we go. I ordered gumbo and my husband and daughter ordered seafood dishes. The grilled shrimp was meh but the fried dishes were completely tasteless (gulf shrimp ppl how is it tasteless? I don't know you would have to ask them). Maybe the chef was having an off day but we found much better seafood comparable in price other places on the island. Now the gumbo was pretty darn good hence the 3 stars. I tasted the other 2 dishes but they were right it was bland and over cooked. Especially when you consider it's the gulf and in season and the price averaged $30 a person which is fine if it doesn't taste like red lobster which it did. I feel bad about leaving this review but it's a truthful assessment.