“Great service and food.”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #20 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 28 October 2017

The location was great and since we went off season there was no waiting. The service was great and food was high quality. Portions are big enough to split. I would visit again if in the area.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I usually love Saltgrass, however, this location was disappointing. Our wait was 50 minutes with empty tables in sight. The girl who was seating people said she had to take the reservations first, but there were not many people in line waiting to be seated. We decided to stay because they usually have good food. We decided to walk up to the bar where two empty seats were and sat down. The bar attendant immediately served us. However, he seemed annoyed that we were there. When we were looking at the menu he was tapping his pen as if we were taking too long to decide. Our food was quickly brought out to us but the quality of the food was not what I expected. We will have dinner somewhere else next time we are there in Galveston.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

My wife and I ordered the 6 oz. filet. The waitress told us medium was all pink and medium well was a thin pink line. We ordered them medium but they came out medium rare. I ate mine but wife decided to send hers back. You never really want to send food back but she just could not eat it. The cook clearly under cooked these steaks. They were gracious and brought out another smaller piece of meat and a new baked potato. The cooks lack of experience disrupted our meal and made our dining experience awkward. The meat had a very good taste at first but the further you got into it the rarer it got and was not as tasty. The seasonal vegetables were very good and cooked just right. Service was excellent except for misstep by the cook.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Visited Saltgrass Steak House the night before our cruise. Atmosphere was terrific, was seated by window with beach view. Great wait staff! Perfectly cooked meal and enjoyed our visit immensely. A definite A+! Will definitely recommend!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I ate here based off of reviews and I'm glad we came. Amazing steaks, great atmosphere and fantasticly friendly service! Highly recommend!!