“Great food!”

Ranked #103 of 316 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Mexican
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed having breakfast here...great service also. The tortillas were amazing and homemade. The salsa was also delicious.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Be prepared to wait at least 20 minutes. They are packed and we arrived right as breakfast was ending and lunch began. The nice thing is they served us what we wanted. They serve chips and salsa to start - salsa has got a little kick, so don't start it until you get your drinks. My friend ordered enchiladas and the plate was huge. The enchiladas had an excellent tomatillo sauce on it. I ordered a breakfast plate with ham, eggs, potatoes and refried beans. Strange combination, but the beans were the best thing about it. The eggs were cooked perfectly, but they were swimming in oil. I actually had to use napkins to soak it up. The potatoes were pretty oily as well. Flavor was good on both. The ham, however, is another story. I'm expecting a ham slice - 1/4 inch thick ham STEAK slice. I got one slice of lunch meat grilled on a flat grill. Yep, one think slice of sandwich meat. The meal was very inexpensive

Reviewed 30 May 2017

We asked a woman at an art gallery in town to tell us the best Mexican restaurant for authentic food. She told us to go to Mi Abuelitas which we did and couldn't have been happier. The food is made fresh after you order, so you know they take pride in what they serve. You may wait a bit and the noise can be quite loud, but for your dollar you can't beat this out of the way restaurant.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

Order Misunderstanding by waitress resulted in owner pointing finger at me and advising to pay or "I'll call the police". What could have been resolved by either an apology or honoring initial order price would have been sufficient. Sad to see that the owner would lose a life long customer over a $4.00 difference. As she said, " I don't care if you never come back again". Invitation not required.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

You want some good homemade Mexican food visit this place next time on the Island. Menudo is delicious but only on weekends. The tortillas best any where just like grandma's. Every dish is good like momma makes. Great employees n the owner Sara can be seen there most days. You'll run into Galveston's best too, GPD. Open til 3pm daily. Try the burrito surprise it's huge n packed full.