“Almost excellent”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 3 October 2012 via mobile

Above average? Certainly.
Excellent? I wouldn't say so.
I support the goal of this restauaunt and it does some great things.
My criticism of the food is reserved for the cook. Lets start with dessert: butterscotch pecan cookie. Good, a little blah..it needed more brown sugar. In fairness I am more accustomed to the overly -sweet bake good and perhaps this cook is using agave or local honey (?) which I could learn to enjoy & be healthier for it.
But the cookie was just "okay".
I had the Mediterranean chick pea soup with dill and half a Harvest Turkey sandwich. The moist turkey breast was excellent but this was one boring sandwich. Fresh, clean eating shouldnt be boring. Adding a squirt of brown mustard improved it greatly. Now we're bouncing off that cranberry pesto that wasn't even noticeable before. The soup was boring too. Vegetables undercooked and I kept thinking to myself, this would taste even better the second day. I appreciated the lack of saltiness in my food, thank you. Portions are normal sized -- get a grip people on whay that means and stop expecting leftovers. Overall it was so fresh I have to say its above averge, with a little attention in the kitchen it could be outstanding.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

We loved this little place for lunch. The waitress was very nice and friendly. The menu offered vegetarian sandwiches as well as soups, salads, etc. We went twice because we enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere and service.

1  Thank Workout247p
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Went for the first time to this place even though we have been wanting to try it for some time. We were getting our meal to go and the first thing I noticed was how expensive all the soft drinks on the menu were. One of my pet peeves is a place that charges $2.95 for ice tea or lemonade! I did think that the sandwiches and salads were very reasonably priced so we ordered (without drinks) to go...we have everything we need to drink a couple blocks away.
The orders came out very quickly and both the female and male staffers were polite. We walked back to our place and sat down to eat. I got the Lox and my wife got a sandwich. We were pretty taken back about how small the portions were.
My lox came with two tiny purple onion slivers about the size of a half dollar and only enough salmon to basically to cover half of my bagel. My wife's turkey sandwich was just as bad, it didn't even have enough meat to reach either side of the small hoagie shaped bread that it was served on. Well now I know why the food "seemed" inexpensive...
The place is very convenient and we might give it another try just to see if it was a bad day in the kitchen or not. But then again with what we received the first time we just might not go back at all...

Reviewed 17 August 2012

The food was amazing and healthy. The fresh baguette is spot on as well as the home roasted turkey breast and fresh organic ingredients. I can't wait to return!

Reviewed 9 June 2012

My first time there and I was delightfully surprised! I had the caprese sandwhich and it was wonderful. The atmosphere was wonderful. I would go back anytime.