“Dinner and a Show”
Review of The Fork Bakery - CLOSED

The Fork Bakery
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 December 2011

The waitress poured water all over the table and floor then tracked it all over the dining area. On her second trip by she fell in the mess she left. I would have felt sorry for her had she not screamed at the owner for the next ten minutes in full view of all the customers, threatening to file a lawsuit and work comp claim. She had no shame and very few serving skills. The food did very little to make up for the crazy scene and refills were offered as an afterthought when the ticket was delivered. Tis was not my first bad experience here. It will be my last. I gave it another try and was just as disappointed the second time as I was the first. Lunch size chicken fried steak at dinner prices, a salad bowl that could second as a butter dish, frozen vegetables for sides. The desserts look good but who wants to hang around after a bad lunch to try one. Won't be back.

1  Thank badman525

Reviewed 1 December 2011

My wife and I went to Gladewater looking for some place new to eat and found The Fork in the downtown area. It is a quaint bakery that is turned restaurant. The atmosphere is nice with inspirational sayings on the walls and the story about the "The Fork" on the back of the menu. The service was good and the breakfast items, eggs, bacon, pancakes were vey good. The hash browns were the best I have had. The pies and cakes look great and we will be back to try some of them. Prices are very reasonable.

2  Thank Smith23181