“May be haunted”
Review of Country Woods Inn

Country Woods Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Glen Rose B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 September 2010

Our family of three stayed in the East Wing of the Farmhouse. It was really delightful. Felt really at home with a little kitchenette (the host left us apples in the fridge). We were greeted with a welcome basket that included blue bonnet seeds. Nice touch. The night we stayed there was huge thunderstorm and the old farm home was rock solid. I did have an incident in the bathroom where the lock on the door unhooked and the door swung open. I never felt a ghost, but the door thing was very odd. Regardless this is a great place for kids. The animals are really fun.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Marie J

Reviewed 29 August 2010

What a nice relaxing little cottage we stayed in. Walking trails and you could walk to the river that runs right behind the woods. Lots of animals to feed and pet. We had a blast. Campfire ny your cottage, bbq pit and tire swings. We all loved it!

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2010

We stayed at the Country Woods Inn for 2 nights. It was so cute! We rented the Main house with a large group of friends and family. There are several other houses on the property including an old train car turned into a little house. The rooms are decorated exactly like you would expect a bed and breakfast to be decorated. Lots of handmade quilts and ruffled curtains. The houses are right on the river so you can go swimming. There's a place to go tubing right down the street too. The town of Glen Rose is made up of a town square with little gift /antique shops and a farmers market. Very cute! It's all within walking distance of the Inn. We ate breakfast in the barn on Saturday morning. So fun! We roasted marshmallows at night. Great place for friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Perfect location for families and groups. Establishment added thoughtful extras, like a picnic basket in the room. Cannot ask for a better location in Glen Rose. Across from Big Rocks park and a very short walk to the Paluxy River. All of the resident animals are sweet and good with kids. Overall very good!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We stayed in the Saddle House with a large group - 5 adults and 3 kids under 5 years old. It wasn't really intended for a group that big, but we made due (we made our reservation a bit late). I had looked over the website pretty thoroughly before we arrived, and I wasn't impressed by what I saw. But after we arrived, we were instantly impressed with everything. Everything was kept up nicely, and there were signs pointing to every house so you can easily find your way around. The house was in perfect shape, and it had everything you could ever want already ready for you - cooking utensils and dishes, matches/lighter and even good, dry firewood for the campfire ring or the provided barbecue grills, extra bedding in the closet, etc. It was as nice as any 4-star hotel I've stayed in.

There were people living on-site who kept up the place, and we talked to them when we had questions (I wish I could remember their names...) - they were super friendly and more than willing to help in any way they could. A wonderful, friendly lady (I believe her name was Ruby) helped us during breakfast, which was served in a barn. If you're not into barns or hay, maybe the breakfast wouldn't be for you, but we thought it was perfectly charming. The decorations all had a story behind them, which Ruby was glad to tell you all about. Outside our cabin, there was so much for the kids to do. They loved looking at the animals and playing in the play area. My wife and I even had a showdown with the tether-ball (I won...most of the time).

The location is great, too - we were within short driving distance to Dinosaur World and Dinosaur Valley State Park, which the kids loved. We walked to the Paluxy river (which isn't deep - it's really just right for kids to play in) from our cabin.

Overall, we enjoyed every aspect of our trip. Like I said, I wasn't excited about what I saw on their website, but after I got there it was much better than I expected. Perhaps they should re-do their website! :)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
23.3 km away
Nutt House Historic Hotel
Nutt House Historic Hotel
#7 of 13 in Granbury

Been to Country Woods Inn? Share your experiences!