Country Woods Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Glen Rose(Glen Rose)(Great Value!)
US$67
La Quinta
Comfort Inn & Suites Near Comanche Peak(Glen Rose)(Great Value!)
US$86
ComfortInn
US$96
US$83
Quality Inn & Suites(Glen Rose)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$97
Agoda.com
US$55
Inn on the River(Glen Rose)
US$139
Live Oak B&B(Glen Rose)(Great Value!)
US$85
Comfort Suites Granbury(Granbury)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$76
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
  • Spa
All reviewsthe barnrail carthe main housefarm animalstether ballfire piteast wingpaluxy riverwalking trailsloved the animalsbig rocks parkfossil rimmy sonfeed the animalsfrench toastfamily reunionrun around
Reviewed 29 August 2010

What a nice relaxing little cottage we stayed in. Walking trails and you could walk to the river that runs right behind the woods. Lots of animals to feed and pet. We had a blast. Campfire ny your cottage, bbq pit and tire swings. We all loved it!

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2010

We stayed at the Country Woods Inn for 2 nights. It was so cute! We rented the Main house with a large group of friends and family. There are several other houses on the property including an old train car turned into a little house. The rooms are decorated exactly like you would expect a bed and breakfast to be decorated. Lots of handmade quilts and ruffled curtains. The houses are right on the river so you can go swimming. There's a place to go tubing right down the street too. The town of Glen Rose is made up of a town square with little gift /antique shops and a farmers market. Very cute! It's all within walking distance of the Inn. We ate breakfast in the barn on Saturday morning. So fun! We roasted marshmallows at night. Great place for friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Perfect location for families and groups. Establishment added thoughtful extras, like a picnic basket in the room. Cannot ask for a better location in Glen Rose. Across from Big Rocks park and a very short walk to the Paluxy River. All of the resident animals are sweet and good with kids. Overall very good!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We stayed in the Saddle House with a large group - 5 adults and 3 kids under 5 years old. It wasn't really intended for a group that big, but we made due (we made our reservation a bit late). I had looked over the website pretty thoroughly before we arrived, and I wasn't impressed by what I saw. But after we arrived, we were instantly impressed with everything. Everything was kept up nicely, and there were signs pointing to every house so you can easily find your way around. The house was in perfect shape, and it had everything you could ever want already ready for you - cooking utensils and dishes, matches/lighter and even good, dry firewood for the campfire ring or the provided barbecue grills, extra bedding in the closet, etc. It was as nice as any 4-star hotel I've stayed in.

There were people living on-site who kept up the place, and we talked to them when we had questions (I wish I could remember their names...) - they were super friendly and more than willing to help in any way they could. A wonderful, friendly lady (I believe her name was Ruby) helped us during breakfast, which was served in a barn. If you're not into barns or hay, maybe the breakfast wouldn't be for you, but we thought it was perfectly charming. The decorations all had a story behind them, which Ruby was glad to tell you all about. Outside our cabin, there was so much for the kids to do. They loved looking at the animals and playing in the play area. My wife and I even had a showdown with the tether-ball (I won...most of the time).

The location is great, too - we were within short driving distance to Dinosaur World and Dinosaur Valley State Park, which the kids loved. We walked to the Paluxy river (which isn't deep - it's really just right for kids to play in) from our cabin.

Overall, we enjoyed every aspect of our trip. Like I said, I wasn't excited about what I saw on their website, but after I got there it was much better than I expected. Perhaps they should re-do their website! :)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2010

We planned to take our children and grandchildren on a trip to celebrate our 40th anniversary - they of course were all hoping for a grand cruise somewhere. I think they were silently disappointed when we told them we had found our "dream" destination at a farm in Glen Rose, TX! We found the Inn over a year ago and knew then that everyone would have a great weekend. We booked the Main house and the Prairie house for 2 nights. Although the accomodations describe "sleeps 12" (Main house) or "sleeps 8" (Prairie house), we knew that wouldn't be the case for us, as all of us own King Size beds and the beds at the Inn are all doubles. That said, there was plenty of sleeping space for the 12 of us between the 2 houses, including one Aerobed we brought with us. The one disappointment was the Big Rocks watering hole of the Paluxy River. We assumed we would spend the entire afternoon in the river. The property had access to the River, but our family found it difficult with small children due to slimy rocks and mud entry...next time we go, we will bring water hose play equipment as there are hose connections all over the property and that would certainly have satisfied our grandchilren as well as cooled us all off. The kids were happy to be outside with the animals and the playyard. The adults were happy to be in the shade and play table games. As for meals, breakfast in the barn was more than we expected for a continental breakfast. We brought our own dinner for the first night and went to Ranch House Barbeque the second night...good bbq but they were already out of major items by 6 PM. We can't wait to plan the next trip there, maybe in the cooler seasons. I'd be happy to chat with you about our weekend if you contact me at e.kessner@verizon.net

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family