“Very Nice”

Cliffs at Possum Kingdom
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Graford
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed by famed architect, Robert von Hagge, this 18-hole championship course stretches 6,808 yards featuring 170-foot cliffs, lush fairways, bent-grass greens and breathtaking views.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel overlooks the lake from the top of cliffs, amazing beauty! Rooms are very nice. Marina has options to rent to get out on the water if you like. Took a 2 person jet ski around the lake and had a blast. Very romantic place!

2  Thank Hous2nTexan

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We went to The Cliffs Resort for a weekend retreat and did not have as wonderful of a time as we had hoped. I reserved our room online choosing a king with a lake view. For extra I chose the romance package which included champagne upon arrival, a three course dinner and breakfast at the on-site restaurant. When we arrived for check-in they did not greet us or welcome us in anyway. The rim was nice and as expected, gorgeous view of the lake. They did not give us our champagne upon arrival and instead it seemed like a bit of an imposition for them. Both my reservation email and their system showed I had the romance package. They finally brought us the champagne, and hoping it was a one time thing shrugged it off. The pool is nothing exciting and you can't even order a cold beverage or anything. Dinner time rolled around and we choose to sit on the patio and listen to the live music. The food is very good but the service is incredibly poor. At time to get the bill I reminded than that we had the romance package and they asked to see a card. I told them I hadn't received a card from the desk and wasn't sure about what they were referring to. They went to call the front desk and it took another 45 minutes for them to get it sorted out. Breakfast was a buffet, which was fine. Service was a tad better and less trouble with the package. At checkout the receptionist seemed like someone who had better things to do than talk to me. They attempted to charge me for the champagne I had already paid for with the romance package and it took arguing and showing proof of my reservation for her to tell me she couldn't do anything until a manager was in. She rolled her eyes several times at us and just overall acted like we were a major inconvenience to her life. Resorts are about impeccable customer service, The Cliffs falls very short. The view and rooms were great, but the service is horrific and ruins the whole relaxing atmosphere. We will NEVER return and I would not recommend to a friend or family.

9  Thank Jarrod B
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This course lives up to its reputation, one of the best in Texas. Great layout challenging at times. Great scenery as well.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Loved the course. It wasn't a busy day so it felt like My dad and I had it all to ourselves. So many scenic holes once you get along the cliffs. It's a little bit of a drive from Dallas but I highly recommend playing this course if you are a golfer. The views alone are worth playing it.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Lot of fun with a challenging course layout. Requires targeted shots and accuracy to enjoy. Deer roaming throughout. Nice, fun course to play occasionally.