“Total pampering”

Relache Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Gaylord Texan Hotel in Dallas TX 76051
Reviewed 21 May 2016

I received a deep tissue massage and enjoyed the wonderfully quiet and restorative sleep room. You can completely be relaxed in this full service spa. The staff are friendly and professional. This spa pampers you from the moment you walk in until the moment you leave. I highly recommend.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"gaylord"
"dallas"

Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

I will start with the positives:
Facility is clean, spacious and has numerous amenities. Sauna, steam room, lounge, slumber room, co-ed lounge, showers, lockers and toiletries and access to indoor pool. Spa water, tea, trail mix and oranges are offered in addition to robes and shower sandals. There are lockers for your personal items and you are able to set a code to lock it. With all the amenities, it does feel like a luxurious day of relaxation and you are not limited on how long you stay.

We went for massages and the scalp treatment. The cost was $155 per person plus an automatic 21% for gratuity. It is pricey compared to independently owned spas but of course, you have numerous amenities to enjoy at your leisure. I was fine with the cost.

My daughter enjoyed her massage and scalp treatment. I was surprised that she was done before me and already sipping water when I came out. When you add an additional service to your 50 min massage, it does NOT increase the time of your service. It is done during the 50 min. I was disappointed with this because I did not feel it warranted an additional $25 and I wondered if the service was truly 50 minutes. The therapists spent a lot of time going back and forth to the counter, opening and closing cabinets, running water, etc.

My massage was not relaxing at all. I understand each massage therapist has their own technique but this felt scattered and I wondered about this person's training. The sheet in the headrest was doused in a strong oil and was overwhelming. Another large sheet was placed over top of my head and it made it difficult to breathe in addition to the pressure of the headrest on my sinuses. I've never had my head entirely covered like that and it was very uncomfortable and felt claustrophobic. The scented oil in the headrest sheet was extremely overwhelming and I had to ask for a new one. My daughter's massage therapist did not do this.

50 minutes went by very quickly. We also disliked the product used on our scalps. It left our hair feeling very dry and coarse. We had to wash it out immediately. I was surprised by this because I was anticipating it to feel like a Moroccan oil treatment since that was mentioned when discussing what was being used.

I would consider returning because the facility was so nice and my daughter's experience was much better than mine. I would not do an additional upgrade though.

2  Thank kym72
Reviewed 9 February 2016

My teen daughter and I were recently treated at Relâche Spa & Salon for both Manicures and Pedicures. It was a wonderful experience for us both.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

The staff is nice and the sauna and steam rooms were clean and relatively spacious, but it just doesn't seem all that special for the price.

PARKING: The best part was that you can park right outside the Spa entrance and have access to the hotel without the hassle of parking in the parking garage, walking up to the hotel and then having to walk all the way through the hotel to get to the spa. We met our family there to enjoy the Christmas lights and dinner after our spa visit, so it was great to not fight the lines of cars for parking, which is so common in November and December.

Swimming Pool - You get access to the indoor swimming pool. It is quite large but because it is also open to all hotel guests there always seemed to be small children and very noisy. Wish they had a jacuzzi.

Quiet Area: This is located in the area when you first enter the spa, so it really isn't very private or particular relaxing if there are very many people coming and going. Would be nice if they provided some refreshments as I have enjoyed in other hotel spas.

Return? Probably not. For the price, it just didn't seem all that special. I expected more from such a lovely property.

1  Thank Texasmom04