“Deep tissue massage”

Relache Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Gaylord Texan Hotel in Dallas TX 76051
Reviewed 1 May 2017

I went for an 80 minute deep tissue sports massage with therapist Sam. I booked on the same day as service and was still able to get in at the time I wanted. The massage was wonderful and put me in a very relaxed state of mind. Service at the spa is excellent. The women's lounge is complete with a slumber room, sauna and steam room. All of the amenities are top of the line. I highly recommend.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"massaged"
"tx"

Reviewed 28 September 2016

Even though I traveled approx. 30 mins. through bumper to bumper traffic on Hwy. 121, I do not regret my experience at the Relache Spa at the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine, TX. From the moment I arrived, I was made to feel special. I arrived an hour before my appointment on purpose to "check the place" out and found it to be clean, roomy, inviting but yet serene. From the soft music to the flavored water, everything was to my liking. They have a general "holding" area where you can sit and read or eat fruit or talk softly with a friend until your service time; however, my favorite room was the low-lit, calming, "slumber" room that is perfect for taking a nap (which I did after my massage) or just sit in silence (listening only to the soothing waterfall). I received a full-body custom massage (using a Groupon ad) and much to my surprise, the service included hot towels being placed on my back and feet after those areas were massaged. Misty, my massage therapist, did an awesome job and I could tell she was very experienced by the way she knew how to apply pressure to key points on the body (like the top of the feet between the toes). Anyway, I recommend this spa for a "Moms' or girls' getaway" or for couples (it is co-ed). However, if it had not been for the Groupon, I really don't think I would have paid the price for a massage there, but now that I have experienced it....I'll just have to save for it because I will be going back!!

Reviewed 29 July 2016

While staying at the Gaylord Texan, we had a couples' massage, then manicures, and pedicures for each, and my wife a facial treatment.

The couples' massage room was lovely, and the therapists were very good, as were the other technicians, who performed the various treatments.

The venue is relaxing, within the Gaylord Texan complex, and right beside the indoor pool. "Indoor" is sort of a misnomer for the Gaylord Texan, as almost all is under a giant dome - including the entrance to the Relâche Spa.

When returning to this hotel/resort, we will also return to this spa.

Reviewed 21 May 2016

I received a deep tissue massage and enjoyed the wonderfully quiet and restorative sleep room. You can completely be relaxed in this full service spa. The staff are friendly and professional. This spa pampers you from the moment you walk in until the moment you leave. I highly recommend.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

I will start with the positives:
Facility is clean, spacious and has numerous amenities. Sauna, steam room, lounge, slumber room, co-ed lounge, showers, lockers and toiletries and access to indoor pool. Spa water, tea, trail mix and oranges are offered in addition to robes and shower sandals. There are lockers for your personal items and you are able to set a code to lock it. With all the amenities, it does feel like a luxurious day of relaxation and you are not limited on how long you stay.

We went for massages and the scalp treatment. The cost was $155 per person plus an automatic 21% for gratuity. It is pricey compared to independently owned spas but of course, you have numerous amenities to enjoy at your leisure. I was fine with the cost.

My daughter enjoyed her massage and scalp treatment. I was surprised that she was done before me and already sipping water when I came out. When you add an additional service to your 50 min massage, it does NOT increase the time of your service. It is done during the 50 min. I was disappointed with this because I did not feel it warranted an additional $25 and I wondered if the service was truly 50 minutes. The therapists spent a lot of time going back and forth to the counter, opening and closing cabinets, running water, etc.

My massage was not relaxing at all. I understand each massage therapist has their own technique but this felt scattered and I wondered about this person's training. The sheet in the headrest was doused in a strong oil and was overwhelming. Another large sheet was placed over top of my head and it made it difficult to breathe in addition to the pressure of the headrest on my sinuses. I've never had my head entirely covered like that and it was very uncomfortable and felt claustrophobic. The scented oil in the headrest sheet was extremely overwhelming and I had to ask for a new one. My daughter's massage therapist did not do this.

50 minutes went by very quickly. We also disliked the product used on our scalps. It left our hair feeling very dry and coarse. We had to wash it out immediately. I was surprised by this because I was anticipating it to feel like a Moroccan oil treatment since that was mentioned when discussing what was being used.

I would consider returning because the facility was so nice and my daughter's experience was much better than mine. I would not do an additional upgrade though.

2  Thank kym72