“Onion volcano!!!”

Edohana Hibachi & Sushi
Ranked #67 of 251 Restaurants in Grapevine
Reviewed 28 October 2016

We picked up our glass pumpkins from Vetro Glass – so much fun making them a week ago – and grabbed a bite to eat here for some food and entertainment!

Om: This is only the third hibachi place that we’ve tried, and it turned out to be another winning experience! We chose this because it was a bit of a birthday celebration for one of the kids, and they really enjoy the hibachi show. We had reservations and were seated immediately. I had the filet with fried rice, and let me tell you, I don’t know what hibachi places do to their steak or where they get it, but it always seems to be some of the most tender meat. As always, so happy to enjoy this with my Beautiful Nom!
• Service – Met Expectations – Good service, no mistakes made, everything delivered timely. The show was good, although I would say that the shows at the two other hibachi places that we have been to (Shogun, Nosoo) had slightly better presentations, where the chef did more entertaining throughout.
• Ambiance – Met Expectations – Large hibachi area, low light level, clean. Room for 7-8 around each presentation area
• Food – Met Expectations – Hibachi food sure seems to be consistent across even different restaurants. Soup, salad, and veggies were good, fried rice was adequate (could have used a bit more salt), filet tender…and they even served us noodles where other hibachi places did not! And you get a lot of food, so come hungry!
• Value – Exceed Expectations – I mean, you are paying for quality meat, so for four people to eat (two adults, two kids) it was over $80. Looks expensive, but you get quality food and a show from the chef, so it’s a really good deal.
• Overall - If you have had hibachi before and enjoy the food and entertainment, Edohana will not disappoint. They even made the birthday boy feel special, with fried ice cream, a goofy hat, and singing! Come hungry and prepare to be entertained!

Nom: I think the name is spectacular…kind of like in Coming To America. McDowell’s? Get it? The name of this hibachi place reminded me of another place and that made me chuckle! Ok, so that aside it was not busy at all, and it was clean and the interior was quite nice. Here’s the other thing that caught my attention and made me chuckle…they had monkey brains on the specials board…nice!
The wait staff was really attentive and the cook was entertaining. The boys always love a good hibachi show and they delivered. It was another birthday dinner for Will and they gave him a ridiculous hat and ice cream and sang and the boys loved that! The food was good, but I love hibachi fried rice…I could eat that and skip everything else! I had the steak and it was really good, nice and tender but still…the rice was the star of the show. Next time we’re in Grapevine that would be a good stop for a meal!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

the sushi here is my favorite in all of the mid-cities area. I have been bouncing around all of the sushi places trying them out and keep coming back here. The prices are more than reasonable and we always get served well. There are a few newer restaurants in the area, but I've come to the conclusion that maybe you're paying for their rent when you go there? Just guessing. The prices have been higher and the food has been just so-so. This one's been around for a while for a reason.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

I have been here several times and can say their sushi is consistently good. The selection, quality of food, service and atmosphere are wonderful. A place you want to return to.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

My kids always want to come here for their birthdays. We have a great time at the hibachi grill with plenty of well seasoned food (we find many others bland). The kids meals are as big as the adult portions and the chefs are entertaining. We will be back in a couple of weeks for my daughter's birthday!

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

In grapevine for business. Really good, fresh sushi, lots of options, very reasonable pricing and great service.