“Family friendly”

Edohana Hibachi & Sushi
Ranked #88 of 247 Restaurants in Grapevine
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Our party of eight (plus an infant) were seated at the hibachi table and greeted by our server who greeted us and took our drink orders. We ordered various entrees and sushi as well. The classic clear soup and salad came . Both tasted fresh. The chef prepared our meals saving all the seafood until last due to a seafood allergy of one in our party. After the entire meal was served the sushi appetizer finally arrived. Disappointing. They apologized and explained the kitchen was overwhelmed. We had it packed to go. The meal was good, service was fair, but entirely impressed due to the mistiming of the courses.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We ordered the filet and shrimp. Steak was cooked as ordered. Ordered a vodka martini which was lacking in the vodka part. Food was ok and the service was decent.

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

Well, fault me for part of this because we came on a Saturday night. I have never seen it so crowded. We have eaten here several times but after this visit we will not go back.

Service was poor. We waited for WAY too long at the grill table and we had three small children sitting there (one ours, two with the other party seated with us). When we finally did get a cook, he was non-entertaining and careless. We made it abundantly clear that we had two gluten allergies and a shellfish allergy. He made part of the meal with gluten free soy sauce and then proceeded to use regular on the rest of it which is actually a huge cross contamination issue. I mean, it's not hard to just use the gluten free product on the whole thing!! I'll even pay you for it! My mom and I went home and took our precautionary measures (Tums and Pepto).

The worst part was my husband's shellfish allergy. The cook waited until the end to grill the shrimp and then proceeded to put some ON HIS PLATE. Well, fortunately the hospital is literally across the street and also fortunately, we didn't have to use it. If we had needed more than Benadryl and some asthma medicine we would be suing the restaurant (we do not carry an EpiPen as we have had no issues for over ten years). However, we had chosen this place for my husband's birthday and talked it up to my parents who came with us and our evening was basically ruined by the carelessness of their staff. We will not be back and I would strongly tell you NOT to come here if you have any food allergies.

We should have had four free dinners but did not raise hell on Birthday night and we were also in need of Benadryl. Seriously, stay away if you have food allergy issues.

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

Seriously. I should have taken a picture. Jalapeño on top of a tuna roll. I had it without the crab meat. The chef came out and made sure he had the requirements right. I was really appreciative of the extra touch. He made the roll to perfection. Close to the Hyatt regency dfw and only about a $15 dollar Uber ride.

Reviewed 28 October 2016

We picked up our glass pumpkins from Vetro Glass – so much fun making them a week ago – and grabbed a bite to eat here for some food and entertainment!

Om: This is only the third hibachi place that we’ve tried, and it turned out to be another winning experience! We chose this because it was a bit of a birthday celebration for one of the kids, and they really enjoy the hibachi show. We had reservations and were seated immediately. I had the filet with fried rice, and let me tell you, I don’t know what hibachi places do to their steak or where they get it, but it always seems to be some of the most tender meat. As always, so happy to enjoy this with my Beautiful Nom!
• Service – Met Expectations – Good service, no mistakes made, everything delivered timely. The show was good, although I would say that the shows at the two other hibachi places that we have been to (Shogun, Nosoo) had slightly better presentations, where the chef did more entertaining throughout.
• Ambiance – Met Expectations – Large hibachi area, low light level, clean. Room for 7-8 around each presentation area
• Food – Met Expectations – Hibachi food sure seems to be consistent across even different restaurants. Soup, salad, and veggies were good, fried rice was adequate (could have used a bit more salt), filet tender…and they even served us noodles where other hibachi places did not! And you get a lot of food, so come hungry!
• Value – Exceed Expectations – I mean, you are paying for quality meat, so for four people to eat (two adults, two kids) it was over $80. Looks expensive, but you get quality food and a show from the chef, so it’s a really good deal.
• Overall - If you have had hibachi before and enjoy the food and entertainment, Edohana will not disappoint. They even made the birthday boy feel special, with fried ice cream, a goofy hat, and singing! Come hungry and prepare to be entertained!

Nom: I think the name is spectacular…kind of like in Coming To America. McDowell’s? Get it? The name of this hibachi place reminded me of another place and that made me chuckle! Ok, so that aside it was not busy at all, and it was clean and the interior was quite nice. Here’s the other thing that caught my attention and made me chuckle…they had monkey brains on the specials board…nice!
The wait staff was really attentive and the cook was entertaining. The boys always love a good hibachi show and they delivered. It was another birthday dinner for Will and they gave him a ridiculous hat and ice cream and sang and the boys loved that! The food was good, but I love hibachi fried rice…I could eat that and skip everything else! I had the steak and it was really good, nice and tender but still…the rice was the star of the show. Next time we’re in Grapevine that would be a good stop for a meal!