“Awesome Mexican Restaurant”

La Playa Mexican Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
La Playa Mexican Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 190 Restaurants in Harlingen
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Every time we are in this city , we stop at this restaurant. If you want great food, margaritas, music, great ambiance, please try this place.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Food is great I tend stay away from the chicken breast since it is always very tough. I recommend their chicken soup and fajitas. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I can recommend this place 100% to everyone who visits the valley. The place is a genuine Mexican Restaurant from start to end: decoration was on point and very beautiful setting, waiters were very friendly and helpful when guiding you through the menu, ambiance was fantastic with mariachi's visiting the tables and playing beautiful tunes and of course the taste of the FOOD is the thing to REMEMBER. We ordered the fried avocado (a delicious ball of avocado filled with chicken a cheese) Fajitas de Carne (all I can say is 10/10) and of course the Chile Relleno (OH MY GOD this is fully recommended for cheese lovers). All plates were accompanied by rice, frijoles, guacamole and pico de gallo which was the very on top. Definitely something not to miss, I'm sure to visit this place whenever in the valley.

PS: is excellent for families and friends although I was with my date and we also had a great time.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Well, my sister and I decided to get out. We love La Playa 's stuffed avocado. Food is always great. The only concern today was the loud obnoxious music.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Food was excellent.
Had the carne asada street tacos
Salsa was warm, temperature-wise, and yummy
Live Mariachi band was so cool!!
Will visit this place again!