“Best Mexican food in the area”

La Playa Mexican Cafe
Ranked #1 of 173 Restaurants in Harlingen
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Lived here ten years and this has always been our favorite Mexican restaurant. A step above most, yet still very casual and affordable. Always busy no matter what time of day. That says a lot right there. Never had anything I didn't like. Best salsa and chips. Great margaritas( and they don't spare the alcohol) Don't drink too many.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Every time we are in this city , we stop at this restaurant. If you want great food, margaritas, music, great ambiance, please try this place.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Food is great I tend stay away from the chicken breast since it is always very tough. I recommend their chicken soup and fajitas. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I can recommend this place 100% to everyone who visits the valley. The place is a genuine Mexican Restaurant from start to end: decoration was on point and very beautiful setting, waiters were very friendly and helpful when guiding you through the menu, ambiance was fantastic with mariachi's visiting the tables and playing beautiful tunes and of course the taste of the FOOD is the thing to REMEMBER. We ordered the fried avocado (a delicious ball of avocado filled with chicken a cheese) Fajitas de Carne (all I can say is 10/10) and of course the Chile Relleno (OH MY GOD this is fully recommended for cheese lovers). All plates were accompanied by rice, frijoles, guacamole and pico de gallo which was the very on top. Definitely something not to miss, I'm sure to visit this place whenever in the valley.

PS: is excellent for families and friends although I was with my date and we also had a great time.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Well, my sister and I decided to get out. We love La Playa 's stuffed avocado. Food is always great. The only concern today was the loud obnoxious music.