1,098 results
All reviews dining room attention to detail original features well worth a visit course meal high standard the wow factor whole experience stayed for one night large shower return visit malvern hills stanbrook abbey cooked breakfast afternoon tea full english yogurt
Reviewed 1 October 2018

We called in on our way home from a weekend away to have a bite of late lunch. what an amazing hotel which is rather like visiting a stately home yet providing up to date comfort
after a stroll around the hotel we sat down in the bar and was served a most delicious meal from the bar menu. We were well looked after by the attentive staff and will definitely be returning for a short winter break..

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank davidlQ8236TG
Stanbrook-GM, General Manager at Stanbrook Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest
Thank you for the review. We are really pleased that your short visit was such an enjoyable one and look forward to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Set in a glorious location this former Abbey has been sympathetically restored. A modern atrium on the front of the building is a real statement piece and only adds to the grandeur.

It's really more of a conference facility, there's no spa, gym, pool or room service available which is a shame as it's well located for visiting the surrounding areas and has fabulous grounds. It would also be perfect for weddings.

I had breakfast in the restaurant which was excellent but if you're in a hurry then the fact the hot food is table service means you have to wait a while - not an issue unless you're on a timetable!

The staff are friendly and accommodating.

I had the Dame suite which was very nice with a large shower, roll top bath and Nespresso machine. King sized bed too. Other than two dinner chairs It didn't have a seating area which I do like in a suite.

Overall well worth a visit if you don't mind the lack of spa facilities.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

I booked here for our 5th wedding anniversary. I told the lady at the time of booking and they upgraded us to a suite which was such a nice gesture. The hotel is stunning with a mixture of old and new. Dinner was included as well as breakfast. The price was a great deal! My only complaint was the dessert wasn't as expected but overall 9 out of 10.

Room Tip: Suites are the biggest rooms and away from wedding parties.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Stanbrook-GM, General Manager at Stanbrook Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Dear Guest
We are delighted that you enjoyed your special celebration! We also hope that we are able to welcome you back to Stanbrook Abbey again in the future.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

Four companions staying for one night on a special deal. Dinner, bed, breakfast, room upgrade, late check out and bottle of wine in room. Location and setting of the hotel gorgeous with the old Abbey next door. Staff on arrival were excellent. The bedrooms were very clean, large, well dressed and comfortable with lovely countryside views. Bathrooms were clean and well serviced. The bar drinks a bit expensive but you’d expect it in this calibre of hotel. We took our drinks from the bar to Sister Charlotte’s restaurant where we could choose our evening meal from the restaurant menu. Two main choices were excellent, lamb and chicken, two not so good, salmon in a sort of watery soup. Breakfast was wonderful a cold buffet of pastries, cheese, ham, cereal, fresh fruit and various hot meals. If you get the chance to stay don’t hesitate.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Stanbrook-GM, General Manager at Stanbrook Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for reviewing your experience with us. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with lots of highlights mentioned. It is disappointing to read that our Salmon with seafood broth dish did not meet your expectations, please accept our apologies for this. We will feedback to the Chef on this point. Finally thank you for the recommendation.

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

This is a fantastic venue. The buildings and surrounds are beautiful. The sort of place it’s a pleasure to stay at. There’s a “..but...” though. The online booking system is rubbish. I went through the system several times before eventually setting up the date, and explaining I wanted a meal too. The system sent me several automated messages telling me someone would contact me shortly. No one ever did. Eventually I travelled to Stanbrook in person to try and book (it was to celebrate our wedding anniversary ), only to find that, by then, there were no vacancies.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for the review. I am sorry to hear of the issues that you have reported when trying to book with us. We operate the same booking engine across all of our twenty hotel and take thousands of reservations this way each year. This is the first issue that I have come across of this nature and am keen to understand more regarding it. I do know that if a date is unavailable due to us being full on the requested night, as would seem to be the case from your visit then alternative dates are offered. perhaps this could have led to a level of confusion. If you do have time to contact me here at the hotel I would be delighted to hear from you.