Marriott Marquis Houston
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstexas shapedm clubpool deckconvention centerstreet kitchenhigh diveshaped poolminute maid parkdiscovery greenfloor to ceiling windowshot tubroom serviceelite membersbeautiful hotelcorner roomastros gamebusiness conference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We live in Houston but decided to stay downtown for a two day event happening at the GRBCC. The hotel is phenomenal and should be the metric by which all Marriot properties are measured. Upon check in I was thanked for status and loyalty. Our room was very clean and spacious. The M Lounge was huge, the breakfast selections were well balanced and plentiful and staffed with friendly staff. The location is perfect with restuarants and entertainment in walking distance.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We came to Houston for a easter break family vacation. The room was clean and nice with a nice view of Minute Maid Park. The parking situation is a bit of a drag due to the distance and I was very disappointed that they charge for internet. Paying over 200 a night should include internet in my opinion. All and all we liked the Marquis and might come back sometime in the future.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jacito
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed 5 nights at the Marriott Marquis for a conference. I admittedly wouldn't have stayed if my work wasn't paying for it, but I have to say that it was a great all around experience for its location, cleanliness, friendliness of staff, and of course the amazing pool amenities. I wish you could bring your own beer down to the pool, and that the pool was open for an extra hour or two into the late evening. Minor details overall. This is not a budget hotel, expect to pay for everything (other than wifi which is free if you join the free rewards program)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is a terrific downtown hotel in the heart of the sports and entertainment district and close to downtown businesses. Minute Maid Park is just two and a half blocks in one direction and the basketball arena is just three blocks in the other direction. In the middle is a giant Park. Across the street is the convention center. Shopping is very close by with some of the best stores in the country. You really can't go wrong at this downtown hotel. In addition to its great location, this hotel has some of the most friendly and helpful staff that I've been privileged to use in the last 10 years. Every time I needed help, there was somebody close by to give me assistance. I really can't say enough about how helpful the staff is at the hotel. The rooms were nicely furnished as one would expect in a Marriott Marquis. The swimming pool shaped like the state of Texas was a welcome surprise on a warm spring evening. If you are planning a trip to Houston I would strongly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

2 night stay, upgraded to a corner king . The property is beautiful and worthy of all the compliments it receives. From the lobby to the pool deck, M Lounge, Biggios sports bar the design is well thought out. The rooms are modern and have a nice large flat-screen and plenty of space. The TV signal does continually cut-out though for 2-3 seconds at a time which is annoying.

The service in general is excellent. Only area of improvement is housekeeping. I never had my used glasses replaced or had the take-out coffee cups stocked-up. The corridor on my level was dirty and there was a plate of food put out by a guest that wasn't removed for over 24 hours.

When everything is so good you notice the small things but would easily stay again when back in Houston.

Room Tip: Corner rooms provide great views over the city on floors 12 and above.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
MarriottMQhouston, Marketing Representative at Marriott Marquis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear ZiggyNZ,
We're very glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, and we'll be sure to get the note about housekeeping to their management team! We look forward to hosting you next time you're in town!

Best Regards,