“Pleasant Service Following a Dismal Day-(Valeria/Shelbi)”

Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #106 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 18 June 2017

Coming off a missed flight adventure (To Singapore) and getting the run around with the airlines, I was left with no choice but to stay another night in IAH (Houston). Having some issues with the IHG app I chose to just drive straight to the hotel and book at the front desk versus making reservations on the app. My arrival to this facility was met by two pleasant young ladies, Valeria, the front desk supervisor and Shelbi, the front desk clerk. As I came in sweating and quite irritated with the experience, the ladies quickly provided me the upmost customer service, providing me everything I needed to expedite the check in process. At such a bad times, the ladies kept a smile on my face with Shelby providing an excellent attitude and demeanor that makes me want to stay two more nights and Valeria providing a water as she seen sweat pouring down my face.

As some would figure this the norm and think this behavior is paramount, I assure you, coming from a person who travels 30 weeks out of the year it is not!

My experience wth them made me feel quite awkward as I was feeling the pressure of missing my trip but these ladies put me at total ease. I commend the both of these ladies and IHG as well for hiring this caliber of people.

Thanks again Ladies...

Mike

Room Tip: Great restaurant called Good Eats with normal prices versus the inflated usual hotel prices.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Victoria G. Was an excellent waitress. Always friendl and positive. Very quick service getting the food, checking back and closing out the bill. I eat here regularly for lunch since our offices are across the highway. Recommend the Buffalo Bites salad with the chicken on the side.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2017

We travel often as a large group for a soccer club. We have had all kinds of experiences through the years and this one ranks as one of the best. Kenda Klorer was our contact and she went above and beyond to make it a great experience. She made sure with the help of Tenicia that the room list was correct and accurate. All of the rooms were ready and keys prepared when we arrived. They also gave us a meeting room between the coaches room which we ordered a fantastic meal from their catering at the hotel. With the weather struggles and later flight they allowed a late check out for our rooms as well. The rooms were clean and comfortable and breakfast was good each morning. All of the staff was warm and welcoming and this will be our first choice when returning to Houston! Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Our flight was canceled, so we had to find a hotel near the airport. after that, we decided to choose Holiday Inn. We spend 2 days and 1 night at the hotel. Everything was amazing. The hotel is old, but it is clean. The room is not too big. We went to the restaurant and enjoy the breakfast before we went to the airport. The restaurant was busy when we came. However, the waitress is excellent customer service. Her name is Kim. Although she had taken care of other customers, she always smiles to customers. She explained what the restaurant offer to customers. We got a full buffet. It had the omelet, fruits, yogurt, milk and so on. In my opinion. the hotel has enough everything for out short trip. We will stay again in the hotel when we will come back to Houston.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2017

I've stayed here twice in one week and Jacob Hernandez has been on point with every detail no matter how busy they are!! Attentive, friendly and professional you can tell he cares about his guests from the moment you request the shuttle at the airport, when you arrive at the hotel and throughout your stay. Hotel is clean, great breakfast buffet, employees are welcoming and accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo