“OK hotel - could be better”

DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza
Ranked #43 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip. I expected more from a Renaissance Hotel. Cable channels were very limited - did not have Food Network, HGTV, etc. I could hear the TV in the room next to mine - TV was left on all night and disturbed my sleep. Bed was OK. Room was clean. Concierge lounge is available for Silver Elite and up Rewards members. Complimentary breakfast, appetizers and dessert served in the lounge were good. Alcohol was an extra charge. The only reason I stayed at this hotel was because it was close to my meeting location. I'll probably try another hotel in Houston next time.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 November 2011

I am not impressed at all with this hotel given the price of a room!! The front desk sound like you are interrupting their busy schedule; the odor that greeted me was shameful (looks like they have a toilet plumbing problem) and the heat in the room is not just working. I had to keep my socks on in the room all the time to stay warm even though i turned up the heat!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank IseOluwa
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We enjoyed our weekend at the Renaissance. We chose the hotel because it offered a package deal for the King Tut exhibit at the Houston Museum of Fine Arts (the deal included exhibit "fast-track" tickets and one free breakfast). Our room was on the second floor. The noise from the air-conditioning was the only problem (pack ear plugs). The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. And the free breakfast was delicious. We also enjoyed dinner in the lounge Friday night. The hotel's location is hard to beat, so we are already planning a return trip.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I'm not much of a reviewer but wanted to add a little balance and some new updated information about this property. I am currently in the middle of a weekend stay for an educational conference. Wi-fi is now available in all rooms. The service has been over the top fabulous. From the front desk to room service and everyone in between I have experienced nothing but gracious and warm treatment. The hotel is very clean and as a women staying alone I feel very safe. The bed is very comfortable and the linens are A+.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2011

The hotel is very nice and clean but also dated. Also, no wi-fi, which is very annoying, and A/C was very old. I was not happy with the food. (Ate at bar, restaurant and ordered room service.) However, it is very convient for business in Houston if you do not have a car. (There is a shuttle service makes rounds to Galleria.) I probably will not be staying here again... as there are better options in the area.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business