“Large plate was just that - a large plate....”
Review of NOE GRILL - CLOSED

NOE GRILL
Price range: US$16 - US$39
Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Great Uptown
Cross street: Woodway
Description: Enjoy globally inspired cuisine with Pan Asian undertones and a locavore approach at NOE GRILL at the Omni Houston Hotel. Located in the prestigious Uptown Post Oak/ Galleria area of Houston, the NOE GRILL reflects modern dining trends with a sustainable menu. The menu is inspired by ingredients from local farmers, growers, artisans and fishermen within a 500 mile radius. Our impeccable service and culinary creativity will provide a memorable dining experience for you and your guests.
Reviewed 28 September 2016

I wasn't that hungry, so my husband and I were going to order the "large plate" and share. Out of curiosity I picked up the knife and rubbed the sharp edge against my thumb to see if it was sharp enough to cut a steak, and then laid it back on my napkin. Before I could say anything the waiter, took my knife and put it back in a drawer in the center of the room to reuse. I'm sure he didn't see me play with the knife or he wouldn't have put it back to use for someone else - but I was still shocked. We told him we were sharing the plate, so I don't think he should have taken any of my cutlery away. When we got the steak dinner, it was a very small amount of food on a large plate. We've had better steaks in less pricey restaurants, for sure. We are still laughing that the "brown butter" was listed as a "side" on the menu for this "large plate".

OmniHOUManager, Public Relations Manager at NOE GRILL, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience. Sounds like we missed the mark with your 'large plate' dish and we will be sure to take that into account. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Great steaks! Reasonably priced $33 tenderloin was great. Ribeye 16oz for 44. The veggies were great as well. Dessert was good and Jerome the manager was awesome to offer it free for our anniversary. Will come back even when not staying at hotel. 5 star experience but 4.5 star spot. Worth a check out though.

Hi Jermaine, thanks for choosing NOE to celebrate your anniversary! We are so happy you enjoyed your meal and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 6 July 2016

While staying at the Omni, we planned to eat here from the time we made reservations. The dining room is classy and comfortable. Service was friendly, attentive, and prompt. The menu is a tad small, but offers several gluten/dairy free and vegetarian options.
We tried the Chicken tortilla soup of the day, a little spicy for my daughter, but I tasted and liked it. She also had the small plate of rigatoni, which she thoroughly enjoyed. My wife and I both ordered the pork rib chop with brussels sprouts on the side. The pork was excellent, sweet and juicy, memorable. The accompanying black garlic butter went so well with everything, the last bits sopped up with bread. If you don't like slimy/mushy poorly prepared B sprouts I agree; try these though, caramelized with pancetta they were killer. We were stuffed, but ordered a couple of desserts to go for later. Sooooo much better than your average hotel food.

Reviewed 1 July 2016

Eat breakfast one morning. Buffet is $22. Ordered Belgium waffle which came with a little fruit. Waffle not really that thick which I expect for a Belgium waffle. It was good. Wife had egg frittata which she thought was somewhat weird as the veggies were raw and had slices of fresh mozzarella on top that don't melt. Overall not fully satisfied with food and prices. Service was good.

1  Thank bobsV2461PL
Reviewed 23 May 2016

Amazingly prepared food and superb service!!! The atmosphere is wonderful! The order of how the food is brought out is nice. The desserts are scrumptous. We live 2 hours away and come here often. It's ALWAYS a treat!!!