“Bad bad stay”

Palace Inn Sam Houston Parkway North
Ranked #441 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Do not stay at this place. Very bad customer service. The room I stayed in was filthy. I went down to ask for a new room and ring the bell and guess what? No one showed up. Upon checking into my room I noticed a foul smell. I was trying to find where it was coming from and boom. There was left over old food still in the microwave. Which tell me that house keeping wasn’t doing their job. That made me immediately check the bed. As you can see in the photos the bed wasn’t that clean. Stains on pillow and sheets. Also a small bug was in the sheets. I tried to get a picture but it fly away. I tried to get my
Money back. I stayed in room 207 don’t stay there please. Since management doesn’t answer phone and no one showed up I resort here to let it go. Hopefully someone email contact me. The walls are super thin. Bed was lumpy. So upon not getting help I just slid the room key under the under where no one was and left for the night. What a waste of money and time. How. An you kiss stinky food in the microwave?

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 6 April 2016

The hotel provided all I needed with one major problem. I arrived late and took an early morning flight the next day. I left my car parked here for 5 nights without additional charge. The hotel provided a shuttle that was on time and quick from the hotel. The problem was the hotel shuttle to return which is supposed to come at least hourly did not pick me, my family and a number of other guests for almost 2 hours as we waited at the IAH international terminal. Other hotel shuttle such as the Ramada passed several times during our wait.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2015

After staying with these folks three or four times I thought i had found a good honest value. Yet when I had a problem I was treated like a "Crack head", meaning the management of this particular one was not going to hear or try to understand my concerns.
#1. Though the rooms are nice I have electrical concerns (I am an electrician), dead switches and plugs.
#2 Very limited Cable.
#3Vitually no cell service and forget the internet. Yet the staff is unconcerned even when the house FREE internet don't work. Don't they know they have to call to get that fixed.
#4 Being a traveling service proffesiinal I am used to an abundance of local info on local restaurants and points of interest. The folks here on The Hardy think they don't need to let these restaurants know need more lituature for the hotel patrons.
#5 I am certain that I now have CRABS. And based on the lack of concern on other matters I feel that I will have to pay the cist of replacing my clothes and the meducation to greet this.

This could be a very nice and cozy Inn, iF it has RESPONSIBLE ON SITE MANAGER.

• Stayed: January 2015
3  Thank David W
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Stayed two nights during a road trip. Room was nice and clean, bed was comfy. Only bad point is some traffic noise, as it's near the highway. There are lots of places to eat (IHOP next door) and the shopping is good; lots of malls and supermarkets nearby. Found everyone in the area very friendly, we got a flat & the guys at Discount Tire just up the street sorted it out in no time and refused any payment, we were so grateful to them. I'd stay here again, no problem.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vivvy54
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Stayed one night. Very clean. Nice staff. Had a clean indoor pool and hot tub. Good breakfast included. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple