All reviews light dinner good eats jfk blvd free shuttle room was clean short stay houston intercontinental airport breakfast area the shuttle driver free breakfast evening reception nice stay booked this hotel one night stay rental car yogurt iah
Reviewed 30 August 2017

We had a great stay before the hurriane come accross the city. Booked a regular room and got upgraded to a executive suite being a Gold member. Room is clean and in a big size with 2 tv's. The breakfast is above average, and we love the potatoes and choices of cereals. The hotel is close to airport and they offer free shuttle to and from airport every 30/45 minutes with 5 seats available upon request. Shuttle driver is nice. However the hotel doesn't have a restaurant onsite and you'll have to walk to the Holiday Inn nearby for dinner, while there is no walkway between them.

At last, bless Houston.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zyclethe
FFIS_Houston_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the kind words. we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we will share your feedback with the Fairfield Inn & Suites team members. We hope to see you on your next visit to the Houston area.

Chris

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Marriott Platinum member with over 120 nights so far this year.

Nothing special about this place. The room was spacious, but the bed was old - when you can feel the springs you know they didn't spend the $ on the upgrades. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
FFIS_Houston_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so sorry you did have a good experience during your stay. Our number goal is you satisfaction. If you have time, it would be great to speak with over the phone, to discuss your issues further. We take all issues very serious and we try to resolve all of them in a timely manner. We will definitely look into the mattress issue and it replaced, if needed.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

I can't speak to the guest rooms, but this review is specifically for the event space. If you're interested in booking a meeting room near IAH and are looking for great service, stay way from this Fairfield Inn and Suites and head to the Hilton Garden Inn across the street (ask for Phyllis Thompson).

Quick advice - if you're in customer service and your revenue strongly depends on high customer retention, good service, and strong word of mouth, it's best to not do the following:
1. Lie
2. Remain unapologetic about a mistake you made

I had the unfortunate experience of dealing with the Sales Director at this hotel. I was verbally confirmed for a meeting room for my sales team, but I (stupidly) trusted this was enough and made preparations with my team to attend the meeting at this hotel.

After 5 days, I still had not received the contract, so I called and left a message (where the Sales Director did not bother calling back even though her answering machine said that my call was "reeeaaal" important). I finally received back communication once I emailed her later in the day.

Long story short, she said the room was no longer available because a group that had an existing reservation needed more space in the main ballroom. Nowhere in any of her communication was there even a hint of an apology. She claimed that she left me a voice message, but there is no record of a call or any voice message.

On the other hand, I immediately reached out to the Hilton Garden Inn next door for meeting space, and the Sales Director there was much more helpful and pleasant to deal with. If you need a meeting room near IAH, go to the Hilton Garden Inn instead.

I'm sure the GM will read this message and might even offer a posted apology below the Trip Advisor review. However, I'll say that the GM already reached out to me personally (after the hotel was contacted directly by Marriott to review the incident) with an apology, a promise to discuss the incident with the Sales Director, and 10,000 Marriott points. Despite numerous emails and promises that the points should have already been posted, the points still are not in my account even though it has been 6 weeks, and my latest emails have been ignored. I personally do not care about the points because this offer is less than .01% of my combined SPG/Marriott points. However, this behavior speaks volumes about how much they really do care.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
FFIS_Houston_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you have encountered. I can assure you, your satisfaction is our number one goal. As mentioned is other communications, we did purchase your 10,000 Marriott Reward points, as promised. Also, I was able to clarify the issues involved in the booking of your meeting space with our sales team. Unfortunately, we had waited several weeks for the signed banquet event order, but we did not receive it. The sales team did try, on several occasions to contact you via email and telephone, unfortunately, but were unable to reach you. Within that time, we did have another customer needing the space, so we did reserve that space for them. Once we had found out you did in fact need the space, we were not able to accommodate that for you. However, we were able to find accommodations for your meeting at another hotel. We did try our best to help resolve the issue. We are glad you were able to find a great location for your meeting. Again, we do apologize for the confusion, but please understand we tried our best to accommodate your needs.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night. Had a layover at the airport so we were dead tired. Check in was a breeze. Very friendly people and the rooms are great. Had 1 issue when we were there but the highly proffesional staff took care of us. Shout out to the Assistant Manager Liz Guidry! Helped us out ALOT! Would we stay here again? In a heartbeat. 5 star staff. No lie.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
FFIS_Houston_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

We are excited you enjoyed your stay with us. We will definitely share your feedback with our team. We hope to meet your lodging needs, next time you are in the Houston area.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at a lot of hotels in a lot of cities in a lot of countries, but this place has one particular young lady on the morning shift at front desk (Rubi, I believe? But her hair covers her name badge) who is the BEST hotel employee I've ever met. A few examples of her beyond excellent service: she provided tips for how to ensure perfect timing on the free airport shuttle bus for my party of six, she thoroughly explained laundry machines and offered quarters, she advised the best spots for long-term parking, and once she even chased me down in the parking lot to warn me that the restaurant I was going to was closed on Saturday nights (I had stopped by the desk to get walking directions). We stayed twice, before and after a trip via IAH, and she helped us in a dozen small ways. I hope management recognizes her potential and promotes her. Breakfast here was plentiful with a good variety; cheese omelettes with sausage-pepper side and salsa was particularly good; we also enjoyed the white and brown cow juice, multiple flavors of yogurt and cereal, hot waffles, 3 kinds of fruit juice, and the toast with butter and jelly. Pool is on the small side, but overcomes that with its waterfall feature. The water was off for 2 or 3 hours (June 2017) but they had it working again before the time they had promised. Front Desi's quality service changed this place from simply meeting expectations to far surpassing them!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
FFIS_Houston_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Dear LSUdad4,

We are so glad to hear about your wonderful experience at our property. Thank you for your feedback and your kind words. She is an all-star and an we are happy to have her on our team. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you on your future trips to Houston!