“Great Sushi and Great Buffet”

Tokyo Japan Sushi & Grill Buffet
Ranked #1,019 of 8,631 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

This place has some of the best sushi anywhere. The lunch buffet is very well priced at $12.99. My favorite is the Teriyaki Salmon roll.

The tempura shrimp and vegetables are cooked perfectly and the ingredients are fresh.

The options for the buffet are impressive and everything we tried, we loved.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

This was our first visit to this restaurant so we had no idea what to expect. We went on a Sunday, for dinner. We thought it was outstanding in quality of food, preparation of food, attentive staff. There is an excellent selection of sushi and shashmi. Tempura vegetables, shrimp and fish. Steamed snow crab legs. Blue crab. A hot pot where you pick what you want to go in it. I didn't get to try the grill this time, but look forward to a return visit. Many different desserts to choose, from fresh fruit to cheesecake to ice cream. The ice cream flavors sounded so good we had them bring us a sampler, and we liked all four flavors. A definite return visit is in order.

Reviewed 10 February 2017

Don't be fooled by the name of restaurant. Apparently it is not an authentic Japanese restaurant, serving sushi and Chinese food. Limited selection and refill kind of slow. Forget about the complimentary ice-cream, it was melting when it was served. In terms of the price, I would rather dine at Lam Bo Chinese Buffet on Westheimer, much more selections.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

There is a large selection but really not worth it. If you just want variety & quantity, this is for you. If you want, quality and flavor, this is not it. Nothing is great, the sushi is ok, I couldn't eat it because I don't like cold rice on sushi. This messes up the freshness and texture of the rice. I saw raw oysters, and didn't take my chances. I ended up mostly eating the hot pot stuff. Definitely no need to go back here.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Awesome sushi, and sashimi at night. Lunch ain't bad but dinner is awesome. All you can eat crab, sushi, sashimi, tempura, desserts, ice cream, etc. Great Asian soups and salads.