“Off the charts for terrible”

Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center
Ranked #325 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 25 August 2012

In town for a family funeral, arrived late. My daughter wanted me and her dad to stay the first night here to regroup. I was thankful for her thoughtfulness. Pictures will tell it all, I don't have to add. When opening the door to the 3rd floor, was knocked out due to smoke and smelled it all night, could not sleep well. The room, well, the bed was made however, totally filthy and had aged holes from cigarette burns, red dye stains from kool-aid type of liquid. No soaps for the shower, however, not sure the shower would be any cleaner than what I evidenced. The hallways were in need of vacuuming, spit on the floor in the elevator,filth. Houston and NASA-Johnson Space Center should not even be affiliated with this property.

Room Tip: stay away from this place * Please Note - does not reflect the NASA Johnson Space Center at all
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JoyceW954
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Joyce - Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel . Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Please understand that maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay.

As well, we offer both smoking and non-smoking rooms. Guests who request non-smoking rooms are always accommodated. We work hard to traffic those who do not abide by these guidelines; however, sometimes we are not always able to catch those in violation. This is just one of the reasons why we have such strict cleaning practices; to ensure our guests are not disturbed by anything during their stay.

Lastly, I apologize for our inefficient communication about what is offered in the room for ameneties. While we do offer some, items like shampoo and soap are not. We do however have a limited supply at the Front Desk of each of our hotel's which will be provided to you complimentary upon request.

In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve.

Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Staff, amenities, location, room size, etc. are all awesome for this price! Cheaper and 200% nicer than a Motel 6 or Super 8 which costs more!!! Craziness! :-)

Room Tip: 3rd floor allows smokers if you smoke! ;-)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Houston - NASA . Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Very nice staff. Our coffee maker was missing though. Overall nice property. Starbucks next door.

Room Tip: Get there early to check for anything you might need.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2011

The service render by the leadership of Ms. LaDonna Nicholas second to none. Not only did her team: Ms. Dyanna, Mr. Euduardo, and Mr. Henry clearly motivated my family. The accurate and speed demostrated at the front desk captured our affection. Ms. Carmen and Ms. Maria provided freshiness to our rooms and appeared happy to serve. The location accross the street from the Johnson Space Center was close to everything: malls, restaurants, stores and the world famous Luby's eatery. The amenities in the hotel had a laundry room, and most of the things of an executive condo: plates, silverware, cups, bowls, dishwashing liquid, a full size refrigerator, television, wi-hi just to name a few. Safety in the neighborhood was comfortable for running or walking. I liked most the peace and professionalism. I liked least leaving-do not worry I plan to return. You are near the city yet out of the traffic. The Dozier Family Reunion returns in Texas soon; however, I can not wait until then. The Extended Stay America shall give you or you and your family an out of this world experience.

-Bishop Ron Dozier, Sr.,
The Dozier's Family Reunion Committee July 2011

Room Tip: You must give Luby's restaurant a try!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Wisebishop57
Reviewed 11 January 2010

We stayed here for a week. It was great having a kitchen. We were visiting family, so it was nice having our own cooking space, so that we could eat in sometimes, not just with family or in restaurants. The hotel was handy to everything. Our room was clean and the cost was very reasonable!! We will stay here next time we visit with our son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank janetCapeCod
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
0.1 km away
Budgetel Inn Houston
#382 of 517 in Houston
1.1 km away
Super 8 Houston/NASA/Webster Area

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center

Address: 1410 Nasa Pkwy # 1, Houston, TX 77058-3115
Region: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Ranked #325 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Price Range: RM 313 - RM 396 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Houston-Johnson Space Hotel Clear Lake City