“Flavor Town!”

Cool Runnings Jamaican Grill
Ranked #433 of 8,695 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

This was my second time for lunch and not my last. This time got a full order of the Goat Curry! With rice, beans and cabbage. Everything was super tasty. Friend had the Jerk Chicken and he looked super pleased. We both had leftovers which was great. The Oxtial looked really good to next time if I can resist not getting the goat again.

Wait staff was nice and knowledgeable.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

The food was great. I found it exactly like the food I've eaten when visiting Jamaica. The Rum Punch is spectacular. My husband and I were very pleased and satisfied with the food and the service. The portions were large ,so we had leftovers to take home. Overall wonderful experience.

Reviewed 4 November 2016

This was my first visit to a Jamaican restaurant and I will definitely be returning. The food was delicious and the portions were unbelievably huge! My choice was the small vegetarian plate which consisted of Rice & Peas, Steamed Vegetable (carrots, snapbeans, and cabbage), and sweet plantains. A specially prepared (ordered) jerk turkey was also served and it was well-seasoned, juicy and delicious.

1  Thank GGWilliams88
Reviewed 15 September 2016

Ate here 4th July wknd 2016. I pop in once a year as this wknd is the West Indian Carnival in Houston every year. So, yes, Jamaican cuisine please. Food is good. Ambience is as you would expect. Modest prices. Cold beer. Nice staff, Slow service, but worth the wait. Still faster than service in the Islands. Always been for lunch. No idea what goes on at night. It is located in a crummy looking strip mall. But, as a good friend once told me, " To get anywhere good , you have to drive by a couple trailers".

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Any time I desire Jamaican food I visit this restaurant the food is spectacular, service is slow, people are semi ride sometimes but it has he island feel. Most importantly the food is good I have not had a bad meal here but my absolute favorite dish is the jerk chicken with rice and peas (for Cajuns red beans and rice) plantain, and cabbage.

1  Thank Prentis R