“Island food lover”

Island Spice Bar & Grill
Ranked #4,785 of 8,548 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Ummm what can I say / food is ok/ takes a long time for order to come/ too pricey and lesser portions/ great location/ they do have some fun nights I have been to/ Friday nights are mostly good ..

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

The food was good and the fried plantains were very good. I do believe the food was authentic for Jamaica, but it was not impressive.
Service was slower than I would have expected, but not bad.

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

My wife and I visited there on a Saturday around 1:00pm. Apparently the lunch crowd had already gone since we were the only customers in there. The waitress was busy clearing tables and setting them up again.

We both ordered jerk chicken. Mine was chicken breast with white rice and she had dark meat with rice and peas which is really rice and red beans. We both enjoyed our meals. The only negative thing is the long wait. As mentioned we were the only patrons and had to wait about 30 minutes for our food to arrive. I wonder if it's any better in the evening...

Overall we enjoyed our visit but we probably won't be regular customers here.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Went with my Groupon. I ordered the Beef meatpie. It was fabulous! If you're hungry, order it, because it came out fast and hot! I ordered the curry chicken, but got the curry goat. I didn't complain, because it was tasty. I asked for cabbage, but it never came out. When I inquired about it, she said it was gone. If I'd known, then I would have ordered something else. The rice and peas never came out either, so I still wanted it, but took it 'to go'. I also asked for Pinot Grigio, but got White Zinfandel. There was only one server, but maybe 10 customers. I live in Pearland and came a long way to support the restaurant, but I won't return. It's a shame that such good food is served in a slow way. I wish you luck, but I can't recommend this place to anyone!