“Dinner Party for 5”

Sorrento Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Sorrento Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #108 of 8,548 Restaurants in Houston
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Cross street: Whitney & Taft
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Excellent food, great decor and superb wine list says it all. This is a fine Italian restaurant near mid-town. Parking is by valet. I had the lasagna with a fine Riesling My wife had the seafood linguini Proseco. Service was very good. Their breads assortment was to die for.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Went here for a business dinner with my colleagues after a long busy day. The restaurant was about 12 minutes from the Marriott Marquis downtown. The place was a little fancy (I felt a little under dressed in my sneakers). The menu selections were amazing. After a martini I had an arugula salad with figs, goat cheese and candied pecans dressed with a very light vinaigrette - it was amazingly fresh, peppery and the goat cheese was tasty, soft and very fresh. My main course was a special - lobster tail, shrimps, clams and mussels over a fresh linguine with a white wine/lemon sauce. The sauce was light and fresh, parsley sparked here and there. What I loved about this is that there was way more seafood than pasta - it was amazing. I would highly recommend this restaurant for either a business dinner or a date or a celebration. I'm coming back in July for another meeting and cannot wait to come back to this restaurant.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

In this restaurant looks like staying in a house in Italy, in a family.
I really enjoyed both the moon and the friendly and professional staff.
Food was prime quality and the recipes quite the same than the original you find it Italy.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Sorrento tonight and couldn’t have been more delighted with the experience. We started with a blue crab cake on polenta with a garlic cream sauce. From there we enjoyed wild mushroom ravioli with sage butter sauce, and finished with scallops and risotto and snapper and risotto. Each dish was beautifully served and and timed, and the sauces were fragrant and rich, without being over-powering. Raul, our server, was very attentive and helpful. This was our fourth visit to Sorrento and is and will remain our go-to venue for special occasions. We love the cuisine, the live piano entertainment, and the warm, classy atmosphere. While it is not inexpensive, it is worth it, particularly for special occasions.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

Really enjoyed the day there. Celebrated my moms birthday. Will echo others, regardless if you are a regular or you're a first timer, you are treated like a celebrity. From the valet parking to the hostess to our waitress, we were made to feel like VIPs of this place. This is my 6th or 7th visit to the restaurant.

The interior was decorated warmly for the Christmas season, and the lady that played the piano was wonderful, really giving it an upbeat and cheery feel inside.

Our waitress was well groomed, polite, friendly and knew the menu forwards and backwards. She was always attentive without being overbearing. The two young men that serve water and bread are professional and friendly as well. Really makes for a pleasant dining experience.

The menu is vast and because it was Sunday, we took advantage of the 3 course special. This is a fantastic value and you will definitely not leave there hungry.

The food was good, but not great. The Sea Bass may have been around a little too long, and the spinach was slightly over seasoned. The other dishes, the Chicken Rollatini and Osso Bucco Ravioli were spot on and very tasty.

The outstanding service will make up for the slightly off food. Don't get me wrong, it wasnt bad, just a little disappointing because everything else is so top notch here. maybe the chef was having an off day.

We will definitely visit this place again.