“Update - 3 great dishes”
Review of Havana In Houston

Havana In Houston
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana In Houston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #463 of 8,663 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$18 - US$45
Description: We are NOT a traditional Cuban Restaurant. We are an International Fine Dining Restaurant with a Cuban touch. We serve the entire Energy Corridor community with a wide variety of fusion dishes from Cuba, the Americas, the Caribbean, Europe and abroad. We combining elegant settings and the use of the finest ingredients at the peak of maturity to fuse the Cuban heritage with the heritage of this now eclectic and dynamically diverse population that exists today in the great state of Texas.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I've reviewed this restaurant previously. This review pertains to three specific dishes we recently tried, all of which I rate 5 stars.

Shrimp ceviche. This is not like the "traditional" ceviche you'd get in a good Mexican restaurant. It comes in a bowl with a sweet and spicy agave nectar sauce, chunks of citrus fruit and red onion, and very thin slices of red and green peppers. The only change I'd make is to use larger pieces of shrimp. That said, the dish was so good I asked for a spoon so I could finish all the the sauce.

Lobster bisque. I've had lobster bisque served many ways, including this way, which is a not-overly-thick brownish version that's rich with lobster flavor and garnished with small croutons. For $9 more than I paid, you can get it with chunks of lobster, including a claw. Next time I'll probably do that, but the dish this time was perfectly delicious.

Grilled Caribbean ribeye steak. I almost never order steak in a restaurant, because I cook it better myself. But my wife felt like it. Wow, am I glad she did and that she shared half with me. It was — bar none — the best ribeye I've ever eaten. Tender, juicy, overflowing with flavor. If I knew where to buy steaks this thoroughly marbled, I'd fill my freezer. Important in my opinion is that the green peppercorn sauce did NOT overpower the taste of the meat. It came with baby carrots and (?) parsnips. And a special treat was the stuffed half-potato which had some sort of crust on the skin that gave it not only great "mouth feel," but also additional flavor. If I could rate a dish 6 stars, this would be the one.

Throughout this meal we drank champagne by the glass. As usual we sat outside, and as usual the service was impeccable.

You will not go wrong with any of these dishes or with the restaurant as a whole.

2  Thank John O

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We ate here and enjoyed it very much. The staff was friendly and helpful. There was live music which created a nice ambience. The food is tasty although not everything is Cuban. There are plenty of items that we were interested in. We ended up having the grilled mushrooms on brioche and the steak with blue cheese sauce. Very nice!

Reviewed 16 July 2017

We were invited to eat here by neighbors and i was skeptical I admit. From the friendly valet at the door to the exceptional service and atmosphere we were so surprised!
We loved our food, the manager/owner who took care of us was unobtrusive and attentive. Drinks appeared quickly. Honestly I am giving four stars only because the music was overwhelmingly loud. The violinist was fabulous but way too loud for a small venue. We had to shout across the table. Other than that, its so great to find a place like this close to our neighborhood. We will be back to havana houston!

1  Thank ebjones
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Great atmosphere with piano and great service! Our server was very cheerful and efficient. We started out with the crab cakes - delicious...Then we had the sea bass (me) and squid ink pasta seafood dish (hubby). Each meal was beautifully presented and very well prepared. We loved that the meals were piping hot and the bread warm. So happy to have discovered this gem!

Reviewed 9 May 2017

This is an exceptional lunch. I office less than two miles from here and didn't know that the restaurant existed. A client suggested this location and we had a fantastic lunch, in a private dining area. I highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to returning.