“Disaster barely avoided.”

Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North
Ranked #52 of 77 Hotels in Irving
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 August 2017

My room (115) lacked a telephone. I could not receive my wake-up call. (I used my iphone.) I scheduled my transportation to Dallas Airport on my arrival, but the next morning I discovered (by chance) that it had the front desk had no-one listed for the 8:20 AM shuttle and it had not been scheduled. They had lost (destroyed, mislaid, ?) the sheet that I had watched my room number being recorded for the 8:20 AM shuttle.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Spent one night here before catching a plane at DFW. The room seemed clean, until we looked at the ceiling. One of the beds had water damage and what looked to be black mold on the ceiling above it. It was a lot, not just a little bit. If we were staying more than one night we would have changed rooms but we were just in the room a few hours. I would probably stay here again but would look up first. It was close to the airport and the price was inexpensive.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2017

I'd partied Austin, TX & driven since 8 or 9 & something made me stop to party (I'll tell you on my exit). Super 8 was the right choice! No reservation, instant accommodations, easy parking with a U haul truck. An island lady, named Jade, even was there for compliments and this stay was another party the whole time.... Back to the TomTom going in circles after party, sleep, party, sleep, party:: the DFW GPS dominated & I was just trying to leave the scene. The staff was great, also. Keep partying, those taillights are mine!

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 13 July 2017

We needed a close place to stay to the DFW airport. Super 8 had 3 rooms available. The man at the front desk was so nice. We each got our keys and headed upstairs. Room 212 had mold growing on the ceiling! Not just a little but a HUGE area. The smoke alarm had cellophane covering it up. Room 217 had a hole in the wall. We met the front desk guy in the hall and showed him our rooms. He could not believe what he saw. We quickly called Expedia and they refunded our money after talking to the front desk. We ended up at Hyatt Place by Six Flags. It was GREAT.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Overall stay was OK-fair.
*First room (217) door wouldn't open without a lot of tugging, so we were given another room. Too much work.
*Second room (202) door wouldn't lock and could be pushed open (showed hostess and she had another room ready when we got back). Didn't realize that until I checked to make sure the door was locked when I was leaving. Good thing I lock doors whenever I'm the room. Mirror slid down wall with heat from shower, masking tape holding up both ends of the shower rod, water pressure was ok, bed size and pillows AMAZING, and a nice tv. Bed was made for tall people because I needed a running start to get on lol.
* Third room (312)great bed, better shower, hot tub they was unplugged and w/o knobs, decent breakfast, and nice staff. No sitting chair in room; I like chairs.

Room Tip: Make sure door opens and locks properly.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Irving hotels
0.4 km away
0.4 km away
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
0.1 km away
Comfort Suites DFW Airport

Been to Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North

Address: 4770 W John Carpenter Fwy, Irving, TX 75063-2304
Region: United States > Texas > Irving
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Green Hotel in Irving
Price Range: RM276 - RM514 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Dfw/North Hotel Irving