“Good dinner and service”

Cool River Cafe - Dallas
Reserve with OpenTable
Cool River Cafe - Dallas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 583 Restaurants in Irving
Price range: US$45 - US$55
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: MacArthur Blvd.
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I am going to this excellent restaurant and bar many times in the past and had a business dinner here on a Tuesday night. My before-dinner drink service by Brittany was excellent. She was friendly and efficient.

Philip, our server in the restaurant was also very good. I was disappointed to see that they have changed their dinner menu. They have completely eliminated salad as a choice of appetizer. The only way to get a salad is to order it with an entrée. One of my colleagues tried to order it separately and was told it was not possible.

I had their smoked chicken with broccoli and it was very good. Another colleague that they enjoyed the stuffed shrimp.

It was a very good meal. They also have an incredibly large bar area with side rooms with comfortable seating.

There was just something about the change in their dinner menu and especially the illumination of salad that bothered me. Their choice is at variance with many other steakhouses.

Management response:Responded 1 August 2017

Mohsman,

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your ongoing business and are happy you always enjoy the atmosphere and service. However, we are so sorry to hear about your experience with ordering the salads. You certainly can order a salad without an entree and we are looking in to your experience to make sure this issue does not happen again. We recently had a collaboration with one of Dallas's most notable chefs, Kent Rathbun, and have added some new items, and revamped some of the originals. I hope you come back in again soon and we can walk you through the new options! Thank you again.

There are newer reviews for Cool River Cafe - Dallas

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I've always enjoyed my dining experience at Cool River and this time was no different.

Drinks : A fully stocked bar with a great wine selection.

Food : Their new menu looked great and we tried a bunch of different things since it was a party of 8. I ordered the KC Steak and it was exquisite! Loved the presentation too.

Service : Our waiter was awesome! He had good suggestions and took care of the table at all times. Definitely a highlight!

Pricing : Not an inexpensive restaurant but you pay for the fine dining experience and good food.

Will I return: Absolutely!

Management response:Responded 24 July 2017

Thank you for the review! We just finished a menu revamp so we are thrilled that you enjoyed everything. Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

I had a business lunch there this week, just two of us. We hostess seated us immediately and then the chaos began. Under the guise of customer service, the waiter was a constant presence to the point of utter irritation. And when it couldn't get better, or worse, the manager came by to intro himself etc. This is not my first time experiencing the level of service, again, intended to be good but instead an utter irritant. The constant replacing of not-even-half finished drinks, the asking and explaining of additional plate need (none was needed), or explanation of what was being done to address the to go food from lunch (box, bag, sticker, utensils) was nonsensical. Overall the food was good but I hesitate to return because of the service.

Management response:Responded 17 July 2017

Mary,

We are so sorry that you felt the service was intrusive. We strive to make sure each guest leaves happy and check in periodically to ensure this. We will take your review into consideration for future guests.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Late lunch for 4. We sat in the bar area. The hostess stated it was less crowded, same menu and less noisy. It was less crowded and pretty quiet. That said we all expected better service. Our waitress appeared to have a 3 top, a 6 top (didn't really pay attention could've been more) and us a 4 top. Could very well have had other tables..... Service was slow, drink refills (way slow) *I personally think they should have bigger water and tea glasses. Calamari came out pretty quickly and was very tasty. Meals seemed to take longer than what I would have expected for our food based on overall activity. (2 burgers, 1 chicken sandwich, and 1 rib plate) all were good. Never saw waitress during our meals. She finally showed up after the manager came by to ask if everything was good. P.S. We never saw a manager until the very end. He/someone finally came over to offer to clear the dirty table. We all had been finished for sometime. He also boxed up what we wanted to take, plus brought us the check. *waitress shows up after all this has taken place and asked if we wanted to see a dessert menu. Very disappointing for a place that appears to be high-end. You may ask why we didn't complain. By the time we finally saw another person/manager we were just ready to go.

Management response:Responded 17 July 2017

We are so sorry for your experience with us and would love the chance to have you back in. Please email us at lascolinasevents@coolrivercafe.com and hopefully we can make things right. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Service at least from the server that I had was terrible other than that great restaurant beautiful decorated inside and they have a cigar room.

Management response:Responded 26 June 2017

Theo, we are so sorry you did not feel the service was where it should be. We take all reviews to heart and will work to make sure your next visit with us is a complete success!

We hope to have you in again soon.

Been to Cool River Cafe - Dallas? Share your experiences!